Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to help my best friend and his mate look for two Electric Vehicles that would suit them.
I'm better at doing the research than they are, but this remains quite the road block here.
My best friend needs a smol EV, or at least one whos features can accomodate a person who only reaches 4'4".
Not too big of a deal to accomodate, I think, but I would still like to find the best match if possiblel, you know?

But my biggest trouble comes from trying to find something that can accomodate a nearly 8' amazon of a mate he's got.
We need something smol, and we also need one that's really heckin tall. One for each polar opposite end of the height spectrum.
Does anyone have any clue? Even with the new EV's that are coming out.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
This is what happens when you try to shove a hobkin and a wickerbeast into the same space. If they have a hard time booping each others' snoots they'll have a hard time fitting in the same vehicle

Usually in an EV I think the smol boi would have an easier time due to the battery underneath raising the floor height but.. I guess maybe a larger EV with seats that have height adjustment would help accommodate both? You can remove space but you can't add it

we need more EV loving furs though, all the ones I know are petrolheads

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
872 Posts
I’m a very tall bloke (6’4”) and I fit in pretty much anything with a bit of adjustment. Our current cars, while waiting for our M3 are a fiat panda and a mk1 MX5. I look stupid in both (I’m told) but fit comfortably enough. In cars with adjustable seat height most people will be alright in most things up to about 6’6”. The only modern car I’ve tried to drive and can’t (for any distance at least) is a Lotus Elise, sadly. I fit in a Zoe or an Up very comfortably.

Small people are generally much easier to accommodate as long as they can reach the pedals. Booster cushion is always an option.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm sure little & large would do their own research if they were genuinely interested. Only they would know their needs and budgets.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Both dead now....

I would say my Kia Soul has a huge range of seat height adjustment - seat right down and reclined a bit - tall one should be ok - the short one shouldn't have any problem as seat goes so high I am crammed against the (very high) roof - and my 5' partner doesn't have it all the way up.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,530 Posts
Both dead now....

I would say my Kia Soul has a huge range of seat height adjustment - seat right down and reclined a bit - tall one should be ok - the short one shouldn't have any problem as seat goes so high I am crammed against the (very high) roof - and my 5' partner doesn't have it all the way up.
Still plugging the kia's I see. Which is the Soul - is it the funny looking shoe box on wheels?;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts