Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any British owners here with a 1st Edition? Am I the only one who can’t get the passenger mirror to drop on reverse or is it not fitted to the 1st edition? If it isn’t on the 1st surely it’s just a software update?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It cannot be done on my UK first edition. My experience from all the VW group cars I've had is that you've needed to have electric memory seats for this function to be standard (other people have other experiences). However, in my Golf and my Octavia, I did successfully enable this dipping function using the Obdeleven dongle. I've tried this with the ID.4 and failed so far.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,920 Posts
On the ID.3 1st Edition, you need to have the mirror adjustment know switched to ‘L’ for it to work.

Have you tried that?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Thought I did, but it's been a long time since i cared.

Do you need to set it/train it to a certain dipped position, or should it just dip when the mirror is set to L?
When it’s dipped in L, you can still move it to where you’d like it to be, and then it remembers that setting for next time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I’ve tried is as per the manual but it doesn’t work. It shouldn’t show it in the brochure if it doesn’t have it. Maybe the next software update will sort it.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,860 Posts
It's a standard feature, but just very fiddly to set up. In the ID.3 you have to manually switch the mirror back to L to make it work each time. 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
My last 4 VWs have all had this feature, I thought it was standard now to be honest.

A 2011 Polo GTI, a 2015 Golf GTE, 2019 e-Golf and now the ID.3. Strange that they’ve left it off the ID.4?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,860 Posts
My last 4 VWs have all had this feature, I thought it was standard now to be honest.

A 2011 Polo GTI, a 2015 Golf GTE, 2019 e-Golf and now the ID.3. Strange that they’ve left it off the ID.4?
I also agree is surely on all ID.x models. It might be a software bug. The puddle lights under the wing mirrors on my ID.3 never worked at all until the 2.1 update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts