Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, after one year of ownership (no claims, no convictions) Direct Line have quoted £950 pa, a £325, increase on last year. Anyone else noting a very steep rise in their premiums. I am wondering of it's a COVID related bump or Tesla specific.
Online quotes seem to be of the same magnitude. Happy to hear of insurers/brokers that make offer a better price.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Anna_St

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,033 Posts
Insurance pricing can be a bit of a mystery sometimes, but usually reflects the claims experience of the company based on the vehicle and/or owner profiles?

Perhaps as more Tesla’s have hit the road, they’re experiencing claims and that’s moving the price, at least for Direct Line anyway.

I’ve found LV the best for me, I was mildly shocked to find my renewal was exactly the same as last year, that hasn’t happened for a while.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,731 Posts
You always need to shop around.

Go find the best deal on GoCompare and see if they’ll match it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,731 Posts
I’ve found LV the best for me, I was mildly shocked to find my renewal was exactly the same as last year, that hasn’t happened for a while.
Yes, same here. I’ve stuck with them because they don’t mess me around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LV have been lowest so far. Still an increase but less eye watering.

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
400 Posts
We were with LV but are about to change to Churchill. The price increase was to big for our liking. from £958 to £1150. Gave them a call and nothing they can do. Shame as was about to put both EVs on with them.
Churchill came in at £693 via Compare the Market. As said above, always shop around. I think only once in my car ownership lifetime have I rolled over a policy because the fee got lower.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Insurance game is something that is without any logic. When I bought the Zoe I've called my Company (Churchill) and asked for a quote to change car from Audi S6 V8 with 450 BHP to Renault Zoe. I was 2 months into my insurance, so 10 months remaining......the quote.....they've asked for additional £175.00 quid 😂 I just bursted laughing on the phone and ask them to cancel my Insurance......the refund after the taxes they charge you was.....£385.00.
Minutes later I was on confuse website and got insurance for the Zoe for a whole year for......£227.00 FULLY COMP....and wait for this....with CHURCHILL 😂😂😂😂 They even sent me an e-mail letting me know that I don't need to provide NCD letter because they have it on file (12 years)

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
400 Posts
Where do you live, Liverpool?!?
But surely now with the lack of movement you'd of thought it would be cheaper? Ohhh, unless they are forecasting for the riots and looting that may happen...

·
Registered
170 Posts
My renewal from Aviva on the Zoe went up from £265 to £325, but after I dropped my mileage from 15k to 8k (due to WFH) it went back down to ~£280

So the original renewal was 25% increase, but still by far the cheapest quote I could get!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,731 Posts
Maybe they have less customers now people are driving less and possibly getting rid of a car?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,612 Posts
I've not got the renewal in for my 3 yet but for another car that I have insurance for, 2019 1.4 Corsa insured for 16k a year, came in and it has gone up less than 3.5%. I've already had £28 back from them due to the reduced mileage I am now doing and I've just submitted another one. For this renewal I will be dropping the annual mileage to 5K.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Directline quoted £659 for my m3P renewal. LV online quote was £550. I thought directline would never match that so rang them to cancel and they reduced the renewal to £527 !
I'd switched cars during the year so I dont have a tesla price for last year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I moved to Churchill, who matched last years quote from Direct Line

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this is an older thread. but sometimes if you get a fresh quote with your current insurer it can be completely different from your renewal price despite being the same company and using the same details!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts