Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to make a flying trip into a supermarket today, but had dogs in the car, found a way to disable the internal alarm sensor on a Captur forum. Walked away and seemed fine but got back to indicators flashing and then the alarm sounding.

So, does anyone have the solution to this?

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,828 Posts
Wanted to make a flying trip into a supermarket today, but had dogs in the car, found a way to disable the internal alarm sensor on a Captur forum. Walked away and seemed fine but got back to indicators flashing and then the alarm sounding.

So, does anyone have the solution to this?
Lock it with the key - ie manually. This will not arm the internal sensors.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,828 Posts
Er... i don't have a 'key', i only have a keycard
OOps! So what happens if the battery goes flat with the dogs inside - how do you open the door? (

The Leaf also has a button on the panel which holds the sensors - on the roof above the center console. Anything like this on the Zoe?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOps! So what happens if the battery goes flat with the dogs inside - how do you open the door? (
Good question!!

The Leaf also has a button on the panel which holds the sensors - on the roof above the center console. Anything like this on the Zoe?
I did see that info as i frantically googled once parked (with a 3 year old incessantly talking at me as well 😆 )
But i looked and, no seems not

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
895 Posts
With regard to the physical key, it's in your keycard. Unlocks the passenger door after you unclip the cover over the lock.

The alarm is / was only fitted to certain cars. It came with its own manual, including instructions on how to turn it off. We had it on our ZE40, but now sold and I don't remember the details.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
735 Posts
Can you adjust the alarm through the r-link touch screen - or maybe get out of car , lock drivers door with the black rubber button on the drivers door external handle? - would that maybe disable the perimetric PIR alarm sensors inside the car?
Other than that a Diagnostic adaptor and software (DDT4ALL) or CAN CLIP can disable the perimetric alarm feature altogether permanently.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With regard to the physical key, it's in your keycard. Unlocks the passenger door after you unclip the cover over the lock.

The alarm is / was only fitted to certain cars. It came with its own manual, including instructions on how to turn it off. We had it on our ZE40, but now sold and I don't remember the details.
Aha I didn't know this, however, it only appears to lock the passenger door. Which seems useless?

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
895 Posts
Aha I didn't know this, however, it only appears to lock the passenger door. Which seems useless?
It's only there for if (when) the battery in the keycard runs flat. That's when it is definitely useful! You can still get into the car. In 22kWh and 40kWh (pre ZE50) you can then put the keycard in the slot and drive the car, even with a flat battery in the keycard. With a ZE50 (which we now have) I think you just put the keycard on the tray in the centre console - I must try it before the battery does go flat!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's only there for if (when) the battery in the keycard runs flat. That's when it is definitely useful! You can still get into the car. In 22kWh and 40kWh (pre ZE50) you can then put the keycard in the slot and drive the car, even with a flat battery in the keycard. With a ZE50 (which we now have) I think you just put the keycard on the tray in the centre console - I must try it before the battery does go flat!
Ah yes, of course

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you adjust the alarm through the r-link touch screen - or maybe get out of car , lock drivers door with the black rubber button on the drivers door external handle? - would that maybe disable the perimetric PIR alarm sensors inside the car?
Other than that a Diagnostic adaptor and software (DDT4ALL) or CAN CLIP can disable the perimetric alarm feature altogether permanently.
Whereabouts would i find this?
And what does an alarm do if you disable internal sensors? I guess it still reacts if doors are opened (only an issue if the locks are bypassed by someone i assume.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
735 Posts
Its in the BCM (body control computer) - do a search for the BCM with the magnifying glass (dont use the BCM I arrowed to just in case its not your one, the magnifying glass will show the BCM module thats in your car. - good luck

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Circle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts