Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Is there a way to disable this feature? I just don't find it works well. It's always flashing oncoming traffic, which then results in them flashing me.
The car double flashed someone I was following - they slammed on their brakes, I overtook and they spent the next 3 miles flashing me back... Regardless of whatever issues they might have, is there a way to just disable it?

I'd like to keep the auto lights though! Had a look through the manual, it doesn't seem to tell me how to turn it off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
As with several other features, I find it best turned off also.

When the headlights turn on, if you push the stalk away from you for about 3 seconds it turns off the auto high beam function (the wee headlight symbol with an 'A' inside on the info screen between the dials goes off) - then you can flick full beam on/off normally.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi, I was actually playing with this feature just last night, on my way home after dark. Like you, I found that the auto-dip function was too laggy for my taste, so I started using manual control. In doing so I manged to disable the auto function (the green headlamp in the dash disappeared). I'm not certain of the process, so I read the manual when I got in. However this particular section of the manual is fairly poorly written IMHO (it seems different translators worked on different sections of the manual - some bits are excellent) so I'm still not completely clear. I think (according to the manual) if you bring the light stalk towards you, it disables the auto function (if enabled). However, I also managed to re-enable the feature again during the journey - not sure how. It will need a bit more experimentation - it's clear that it's possible; just need to work out exactly the process.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, thanks for that.

Gave it a try earlier, pushing it away works - also turns the main beam on though, so I'll have to plan accordingly!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice, thanks for that.

Gave it a try earlier, pushing it away works - also turns the main beam on though, so I'll have to plan accordingly!
You could just rotate the knob on the end of the dip switch to the headlight position. You'll have to turn it back to the off/ auto position when you stop though to turn the lights off. You can't forget as it will bong when you get out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could just rotate the knob on the end of the dip switch to the headlight position. You'll have to turn it back to the off/ auto position when you stop though to turn the lights off. You can't forget as it will bong when you get out.
I'm trying to reach a stage where I don't notice the bongs!
I can live with most of them, the worst one is when I change lanes when pilot is on. I could understand a bong if I didn't indicate, bit when I do it ruins the peacefulness of an EV.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
We almost need someone to write an unofficial but more useful manual for the eZS

You keep incorrectly referring to it as the eZS. Why is that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts