Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, for the first time today I experienced the ‘radio reset/lost favourites’ issue, as have many others on this forum. I'd hoped that as I hadnt seen it after the first 1000 miles, maybe I had a later level of software that addressed the problem. Not so :-( I’d put the car on a second pre-heat prior to leaving home and interrupted it by unlocking car to leave. It was the coldest night down here - though how that could be a factor I'm not sure - just looking for anything different. After driving a little way I noticed my favourites had all gone, and TP was activated on the radio. When I got where I was going, I used autostore on BOTH DAB and FM to autostore the best stations rather than spend lots of time resetting favourites. I wasn't expecting to see my favourites again... When I left for home later I was still on autostore – but on DAB the autostored stations had gone! So I switched the source to FM and those autostored stations were still there. Selective memory loss? A bit later I pressed ‘FAV’ just for a laugh… and found all my favourites back except Radio 2!! Have others who've experienced the lost favourites had them just return like this? It means they've not been wiped or reset - they were there but not being picked up by the software - so they could return just as suddenly..

:?:

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
There is a theory on the German forum that the car recognises the two keys individually and gives you favourites for each one. So if you have the 2nd key and haven't set that up, you get different ones and if you have both on your person it can confuse it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dpeilow said:
There is a theory on the German forum that the car recognises the two keys individually and gives you favourites for each one. So if you have the 2nd key and haven't set that up, you get different ones and if you have both on your person it can confuse it.
Possible I guess... but not in my case, the spare key is always indoors, handy for doing the pre-conditioning...

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
dpeilow said:
In that case the favourites should only 'disappear' once, but it happens repeatedly.

My pet theory is that the DAB favourites disappear whenever the DAB lineup changes. I think the first time I lost them was when the R5 Olympics channel was added, and then they went again when that channel went away. Also they disappeared around Birmingham when we drove up to Scotland, which might have been when we moved from one region's listings to another.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
My theory is that the DAB takes longer to fire up than the software is allowing for and so the DAB is still starting up and finding stations when the software assumes the station isn't there. It would depend on how quickly the DAB finds the station as to whether the fav gets dropped and/or whether it switches to FM.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul Churchley said:
My theory is that the DAB takes longer to fire up than the software is allowing for and so the DAB is still starting up and finding stations when the software assumes the station isn't there. It would depend on how quickly the DAB finds the station as to whether the fav gets dropped and/or whether it switches to FM.
I agree Paul, a timing issue is what suggested itself to me yesterday when they re-appeared. There was one journey I did when the central display 'lost' the climate system too... I reported that a while back. My feeling with that problem was that it also smacked of a timing issue during initialisation..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
When my favorites disappeared all of the Sat-nav address book and my pre-programmed phone numbers all went too. It was like a complete factory reset.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reported my experience of the 'disappearing favourites' problem yesterday to Eden Vauxhall, who have heard of it, as I'd expected. No fix available yet, as others have found. Worth reporting though..

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
There are two issues being confused here... Paul is describing the switch to FM bug, which happens regularly. The loss of favourites is something else - a wipe of the stored stations. That has only happened to me once, on the forecourt at Eden after I set them up.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Ah yes, there are two issues.

I have only had the loss of favs a couple of times and that was early in my ownership. But the switch to FM seems to happen quite frequently.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've now had the loss of favourites, and also loss of the autostore stations every time EV powered up now since Thursday...after 1000 miles of it working perfectly! Theres obviously a programmed relationship that ups the bug count once the odometer ticks into four figures ;)

I've found I can get the autostore AS stations back by pressing Fav then AS again...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having long since given up on 'Favourite' stations on DAB or FM as they instantly get lost, I've been using the AS1-2 selections which do persist for FM (but apparently not reliably for DAB!). So it has become a pretty low level problem for me, but irritating nonetheless. In the last few months, has anyone discussed the infotainment system bugs like this with their dealer and had any indication at all of available software updates?

·
Premium Member
11,066 Posts
Done 9500 miles and have never lost my favourites. On getting the car I changed config to two pages of favourites, so I don't know if that has helped or if I have just been lucky.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
proddick said:
Done 9500 miles and have never lost my favourites. On getting the car I changed config to two pages of favourites, so I don't know if that has helped or if I have just been lucky.
Now thats interesting.. Youve done twice as many miles as me as well. I will check how many pages of favourites I have and if its >2, I'll try two...

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
hopbackguy said:
proddick said:
Now thats interesting.. Youve done twice as many miles as me as well. I will check how many pages of favourites I have and if its >2, I'll try two...
First thing I did when I got the car was change to two pages of favourites but every time it forgets the favourites it just resets back to the full 6 pages so after a while I gave up bothering.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In fact, I already had 2 pages so its not that. I chsnged it to one page - just for the hell of it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have only had this issue once and wondered then whether it was an issue between the two key fobs storing different settings. It is set to 2 pages and never had the issue again in 5 months.
6000. 152mpg

·
Premium Member
11,066 Posts
I only use one key (spare securely stored) so is that related?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
There is a setting in config which you set to enable personalised settings. If you change this to unchecked from checked, your address book and favourites all go missing. Set the option on and they return but only on the one remote.

I've not investigated setting details while in no personalisation mode and then changing the setting again.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
Yes I have had the conversation with Vauxhall and with the dealer many times.

After a bout of it when the car was new, my favourites stuck absolutely fine for 10 months. Then they flashed the software at the annual service and the problem came back again and again.

When they had the car in for the drivetrain rebuild they flashed it again. I've had the DAB to FM bug since that and I haven't bothered setting the favourites.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts