Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I own the cheapo Nissan Leaf, a 2014 variety, but I've been looking to upgrade and the offerings are just not there for cargo carrying capacity. If I want to wait until the ID Buzz gets to America, maybe 2 years maybe never, I might have a vehicle that can carry some real cargo. For sure the manufacturers are not seeing the electric car as a game changer just yet, the investment while substantial is not at that level (maybe except for VW) so my options are limited. I could buy something that went 250 miles, which is a reasonable range, but those are small cargo cars--the Niro the Soul the Bolt and the Leaf (not yet at 250). All these other soon to be entrants are expensive and geared to the luxury market. I doubt EV will be the big carbon reducing product if it's not affordable to many.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes I own the cheapo Nissan Leaf, a 2014 variety, but I've been looking to upgrade and the offerings are just not there for cargo carrying capacity. If I want to wait until the ID Buzz gets to America, maybe 2 years maybe never, I might have a vehicle that can carry some real cargo. For sure the manufacturers are not seeing the electric car as a game changer just yet, the investment while substantial is not at that level (maybe except for VW) so my options are limited. I could buy something that went 250 miles, which is a reasonable range, but those are small cargo cars--the Niro the Soul the Bolt and the Leaf (not yet at 250). All these other soon to be entrants are expensive and geared to the luxury market. I doubt EV will be the big carbon reducing product if it's not affordable to many.
How about this one for cargo carrying?
Nissan 40kWh eNV200 Evalia Review

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Have you considered the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid? 30 miles-ish electric, the rest is petrol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts