Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is in the SC tomorrow to get the Air Suspension looked at, as well as an issue with the ambient lighting inside after been booked in for a few weeks in advanced.

I've been told the day before that they have a new EU/UK policy on their Tesla Loaners that they now only provide 3rd party insurance and customers must provide their own if they want to have comp cover.

Now, while contracts say the courtesy car is a courtesy and not part of the agreement, one reason I went with Tesla and the service contract was for the experience, to be looked after like someone who owns a premium car should be, the 'premium level of service'. To have this taken away is a kick in the teeth especially if the car becomes a regular feature at an SC. Due to my age, temp comp insurance is expensive and £90 per day on a Model S so now every time there is an issue, I have to pay £90 a day to use a replacement for my expensive car.

This has really soured Tesla in my eyes on what has mostly been a wonderful experience. I've been with Porsche and other premium dealers before and they always treat their loyal customers well.

What's everyones thoughts on this change?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
AFAIK it's fully comp. OP should speak to his insurance company, they might be able to add it on to his policy for WAY under £90 a day!

·
Registered
959 Posts
"Most" policies will extend whatever cover you have, i.e. 3rd party or comprehensive, to a loan vehicle. This is LV's wording which is pretty standard:

"Any motor car loaned or hired to the policyholder under our
Recommended Repairer Service or by a member of the motor trade
while the vehicle specified above is in the custody of the motor trader
for service, repair or MOT"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Most" policies will extend whatever cover you have, i.e. 3rd party or comprehensive, to a loan vehicle. This is LV's wording which is pretty standard:

"Any motor car loaned or hired to the policyholder under our
Recommended Repairer Service or by a member of the motor trade
while the vehicle specified above is in the custody of the motor trader
for service, repair or MOT"
I’m with plug-in sure, and couldn’t even get TPFT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AFAIK it's fully comp. OP should speak to his insurance company, they might be able to add it on to his policy for WAY under £90 a day!
Even if it cost a more reasonable amount for them to change it last minute before my appointment, in fact at all after being a perk before is not ideal.

I’ve had an update that they can provide me with a jag XE fully comp via enterprise but I’d be liable for petrol costs which still puts me out of pocket for something not my fault (I get free electricity via solar) and it’s in a different league.

The guys have the SC have gone out of their way for me to which I’m greatful but the change in policy is frustrating.

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
I’ve had an update that they can provide me with a jag XE fully comp via enterprise but I’d be liable for petrol costs which still puts me out of pocket for something not my fault (I get free electricity via solar) and it’s in a different league.
Am in XC60 loaner whilst my X is waiting new door sensor at MK. They are covering all fuel costs. XC60 though is an awful compared to our X, it feels like driving something from the 1980s, apparently its currently one of the best selling mid sized SUVs.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Is this anything to do with Tesla UK outsourcing the provision of loaner cars to Enterprise?
Yes I believe it is. If you get a Tesla loaner from Tesla then the old rules apply. If it’s via Enterprise then it’s different. Except not all SC’s are singing off the same hymn sheet apparently. That’s unusual o_O.

I think ‘YMMV’ is very appropriate here :(

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Try to avoid loaners wherever possible as it is just an inconvenience in terms of them being able to bump you into the following day. Which for me when it has happened a couple of time has a pain for logistics for an unplanned visit and to be somewhere else.

I just wait for mine, they changed the booking in system at West Drayton and a note or email pointing out that you drive to the end and into the bays to hand over the car would have stopped the 8 or so owners I saw while I was there going in a sitting down to be told to go and drive through.

Other than that all fine, although for some reason they wanted to fit winter wheels to my car while I was in (they were going to charge me, otherwise I might of had them).

Wifi is good though so can actually get som work done in peace while there!

As to OP, not ideal for you, although being 25 and driving a Tesla might be termed a 1st world problem, well done. ;)

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
As to OP, not ideal for you, although being 25 and driving a Tesla might be termed a 1st world problem, well done. ;)
Pfft! So he’s got a Tesla at 25, but does he have the Supermodel girlfriend to go with it?

Youngsters! :)

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
If they can do more with mobile service techs than that would help.

Had a loaner today. It is insured for free but it's a £500 bill if you damage it. Do Tesla have a lot of their loaners damaged?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts