Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 45 minutes today, after 3 15 consecutive minutes bursts of climate climate control on 23c, defrost on, heated windows, seats on. Full battery and charger plugged in and switched on.
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Meanwhile wife's VW transporter clear in 5 minutes with the engine running.

Unimpressed.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,557 Posts
That looks like it's defrosted, but you had it on for too long and the window fogged up internally.

I usually do 10-15min heating on my first-gen Leaf, any longer and it fogs up internally. Any residual external frost is easily wiped away.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,879 Posts
That is poor. 'Proper' charge point, or granny/10Amp? Only asking as the Golf GTE wouldn't clear on 10Amp sockets, but would on 16Amp+.
Thats strange, my GTE used to clear itself of frost and mist and be at 22c between me leaving Leicester train station and arriving at Melton Mowbray (about 15 mins), and it wasn’t ever plugged in.

My daughter complained the ID.3 was too warm when we got in it this morning, not plugged in either. 😂

Any EV with a resistive heater should warm up plenty plugged in or not.

Does the eNiro have a resistive heater?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,289 Posts
Thats strange, my GTE used to clear itself of frost and mist and be at 22c between me leaving Leicester train station and arriving at Melton Mowbray (about 15 mins), and it wasn’t ever plugged in.

My daughter complained the ID.3 was too warm when we got in it this morning, not plugged in either. 😂

Any EV with a resistive heater should warm up plenty plugged in or not.

Does the eNiro have a resistive heater?
My understanding from peoples complaints on here is the Golf would clear fine if not plugged in, but if plugged into a granny, it would use only the 10A power from the granny, and it wouldn't be enough to do much..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts