Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
E-niro MY20
27 Posts
Same experience here as Jimbobjoe. No problem defrosting (scheduled or via Kia Connect/UVO) when plugged in in the morning after an overnight charge. My Podpoint stays live after charge. Nor any issues when not plugged in. Took 3 mins this morning to be driveable.
Can't say if there's an issue defrosting while still charging as my charging would be long finished by the time I need to defrost.
Did notice recently that the firmware update won't work while charging so it's possible charging effectively hogs some of the systems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
UPDATE: :geek:

Tried the same scenario as before, this morning.

Podpoint timed charge 00:30-04:30.
Climate Control including Defrost set from app at 6am.
After 15 minutes, no clear windscreen (only partial).

So it seems that maybe the Podpoint ending the charge rather than the car is causing a problem given what ARB71 has said above, that the Podpoint remained live.

The car only needs a tiny top-up tomorrow morning, so I'll plug in tonight and leave Podpoint on (off schedule). Then try.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a Soul and use an Ohme charger connected to my dumb 7kW wall box. Because the Ohme provides O amps once my Go Faster period ends (6:30am) then unless I want to leave at 6:30 I can’t use the cars timed preheating as the cable isn’t providing charge to the car.

I can (and do) however send the command from the remote app to the car to turn on the climate control 10-15 mins before I plan leave (with a 5 year old, this actually works better as it’s never the same time two days running), I also have notifications turned on as sometimes the first command will turn off after a couple of minutes and you need to do it again (I have the alerts go to my Apple Watch so it’s not too much of an inconvenience while sorting out my son to get him to school of a morning).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all, I posted in another thread, but actually this one appears more relevant.

I have found that if my charger is plugged in but not charging (as is the case if I have put it onto charge, but the Ohme will only use my off-peak hours), then the remote climate control will not come on (scheduled through the UVO app or separately requested from the UVO app). But otherwise the remote climate control comes on fine if the cable is unplugged.

Whilst I can see there are instances that you would want this desired behaviour, is there any way to overrule this default option?

I will try what shikiku14 suggests and try sending a further remote command after the car tells me that the first one failed and see if that might work. Still it's all a bit annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I posted in another thread, but actually this one appears more relevant.

I have found that if my charger is plugged in but not charging (as is the case if I have put it onto charge, but the Ohme will only use my off-peak hours), then the remote climate control will not come on (scheduled through the UVO app or separately requested from the UVO app). But otherwise the remote climate control comes on fine if the cable is unplugged.

Whilst I can see there are instances that you would want this desired behaviour, is there any way to overrule this default option?

I will try what shikiku14 suggests and try sending a further remote command after the car tells me that the first one failed and see if that might work. Still it's all a bit annoying.
Can you not just override your wall charger ??

·
Registered
485 Posts
There is the option to turn on the Ohme to max charge mode via the app but it would need to be a manual intervention (I think it would need to be enabled before timed heating is set to come on for that to work).

41 - 48 of 48 Posts