Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See EVBitz.uk for quality charging cables in 16A and 32A versions in 3, 5, 8 and 10m standard lengths. Longer cables can also be ordered if required. DIY EVSE components also available including special 5 core (3 x power, 2 x signal) cable, Mainpine EPCs, Dostar Type 1 and 2 (male and female) plugs etc.

Replacement EVSE cables that are longer than the original one can be ordered as can cables needed for replacing damaged equipment or for DIY repair.

NEW! Type 2 and Type 1 portable EVSEs ('Granny charger'/'brick' etc) - £300. These are nicely made with a dinky but very useful display... PEVSE

All prices include VAT and postage.

Reactions: Edd Beesley

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your observations... Now go and buy something! MW

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is it feasible to leave your cable plugged in the home charger unit and use the holster for the other end, on a more permanent basis? Haven't got the car yet but the Missus has concerns about picking up a dirty 5m cable (after it's rained overnight) and placing it in the boot:rolleyes:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Is it feasible to leave your cable plugged in the home charger unit and use the holster for the other end, on a more permanent basis? Haven't got the car yet but the Missus has concerns about picking up a dirty 5m cable (after it's rained overnight) and placing it in the boot:rolleyes:
My cable is left plugged in to the home charging unit and I've a second cable in the boot (Christmas present) for when I need one out and about. This works for me and hasn't caused any problems as far as I know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just having a panic moment, I've ordered (hasn't arrived yet) a 5m, 32amp type 2 to type 1 lead for my 3.3 Tekna. It's to plug the Leaf into my Rolec home charger, have I ordered the correct one?? Don't pick the car up till early March so if it is the wrong one I may be able to return and swop.

Panic over, Mark replied and reassured me I have the correct one:)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Just having a panic moment, I've ordered (hasn't arrived yet) a 5m, 32amp type 2 to type 1 lead for my 3.3 Tekna. It's to plug the Leaf into my Rolec home charger, have I ordered the correct one?? Don't pick the car up till early March so if it is the wrong one I may be able to return and swop.

Panic over, Mark replied and reassured me I have the correct one:)
You could have bought the cheaper 16A cable but at least you are future proof with your 32A

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought the 32amp over the 16amp due to someone mentioning a fast/rapid charger wouldn't accept the 16amp cable and for an extra £12 it seemed like a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I bought the 32amp over the 16amp due to someone mentioning a fast/rapid charger wouldn't accept the 16amp cable and for an extra £12 it seemed like a no brainer.
Well no the 16A will do everything your 3.3 car needs. I agree no brainer to get the 32A in case of change of car visit by another etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As I understand it, a 16A cable will plug into a 32A home installation or a 7KW fast charge post, however am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong?

·
Super Moderator
11,846 Posts
As I understand it, a 16A cable will plug into a 32A home installation or a 7KW fast charge post, however am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong?
It will. If everything works like it is supposed to, the car will detect the 16A cable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts