Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just got my Golf GTE (MY15) and I'm loving it. The only thing that really annoys me is that when I start the engine, the screen that appears on the centre console seems pretty random. Sometimes it's the last one I had up, but mostly, it's the Vehicle Status screen with "No entries available" which is not particularly useful. It's a real pain when my hands are cold and wet from unplugging the charger, and don't seem to work well with the touchscreen. Is there any way of telling it to always start on Driving Data, which is my preferred?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Short answer no.

If you stay on the driving data screen, chances are that the vehicle status will be shown at cold startup. I contribute it to the fact that the vehicle status is the default one and/or a quick message (that disappears before the screen comes fully on) sends the system to the default screen.

I generally use the radio on the centre screen, and that seems to stick.

Enjoy the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
I second the above, I like my media to display right away and start playing, I’m sure if I turned off the engine while it was on another mode it would boot to that too.

I get the GTE logo on boot up and about 5-10 seconds of “Loading...” which I’m assuming is my large list of playlists taking a few seconds to categorise etc.

Congrats on the car have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts