Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

Should know this, but don't. Doesn't the display automatically switch between day and night in the LEAF? I was SURE it used to, but now it doesn't seem to do this, and I'll be darned if I can find a setting to enable such a thing.

Have I imagined this?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
When the lights come on, it dims the dash lights.
For the sat nav you adjust manually with one press, with the second press it goes to Auto (see bottom left icon) or set it to screen blank mode with a 2-3" long press). Any other button operation resumes the display for about 5 seconds and returns to blank. To return to normal just press the button once.

Reactions: E.Oosterhoorn

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did figure out how to switch it all off the other day by mistake, probably changed it when I was doing that. Should be in the display options too/instead, so disjointed.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This doesn't seem to do what I expected.

With the screen you have night time and day time "colours", my phone sat nav and others I've used will automatically change from night to day as it changes from night to day.

Does the LEAF not do this, just "dim" when it's dark? :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
This doesn't seem to do what I expected.

With the screen you have night time and day time "colours", my phone sat nav and others I've used will automatically change from night to day as it changes from night to day.

Does the LEAF not do this, just "dim" when it's dark? :(
Setting the display to auto will result in the colours changing automatically with your headlights being turned on or off.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, got it sorted.

You have to set it to "auto" via the onscreen button but also make sure that you manually set the display to the correct "starting position". So as my lights were on but it was light I had mine on "day" when the car thought it should be "night" and it won't override you even if you set the display mode first (at some point in time) then set "auto" later.

So this morning I set it to "night" (as lights were on) and THEN to auto and it's behaving as expected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts