Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am a final year student studying business information management. I have created a questionnaire in order to develop an understanding of consumer behavior towards environmental friendly vehicles in the UK.

I would be grateful if you can complete the questionnaire it will only take 1-2 minutes.

This questionnaire has been carried out for a researcher within Huddersfield University, by a student conducting a dissertation. All the participants within this questionnaire will remain anonymous and all responses will be treated with full confidentiality. If any more information is required please contact me on [email protected].

Consumer Behavior Towards Environmentally Friendly Vehicles In The UK

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Welcome. As a final year student do you really have an i8?

I had a look at your questions and was a bit puzzled. What is the objective of them and what do you mean by "environmentally friendly" as that is a very subjective description?

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its covering all types of Eco friendly vehicles which can include full electrics , hybrids or low emission conventional vehicles

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
Its covering all types of Eco friendly vehicles which can include full electrics , hybrids or low emission conventional vehicles
But the questions don't differentiate - "Do you believe that Eco Friendly Vehicles have a good return on investments?"

Ignoring that no mainstream vehicle provides a "return on investment", clearly any value benefit (maybe?) will be substantially different depending on type of car and I can't see how the data will be of any real value. Sorry...

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
But the questions don't differentiate - "Do you believe that Eco Friendly Vehicles have a good return on investments?"

Ignoring that no mainstream vehicle provides a "return on investment", clearly any value benefit (maybe?) will be substantially different depending on type of car and I can't see how the data will be of any real value. Sorry...
I guess if it is a taxi it would have an ROI? :)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Hi @Hasnain - I really hope that your investigation into :- "..............consumer behaviour towards environmental friendly vehicles in the UK." - reaches a sensible conclusion. But I fear that this questionnaire may not help much. You will get any ten people with identical opinions giving ten different answers as the questions are framed so poorly. Such an exercise aimed at early adopters will always give a skewed result. And as the general public have no clue about such vehicles - except the many myths that they repeat to us daily - then any opinions from there will also give a wrong result. GIGO. But good luck with the dissertation. A consensus of behaviour can be found. That it is deeply flawed is irrelevant. But as your assessor will be as equally clueless as the general public, who knows - you may even find that they agree with your conclusions.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Silly, questions are wide, eco vehicle could be my bike. Low carbon fuel efficient 5 jaffa cakes per kilometer This is yet another survey at the end of term badly thought out.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You're asking on an EV forum for answers about opinions on essentially EV cars.
Not trying to be rude here but have you heard about a thing called bias?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts