Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I'm a third year BA Hons Geography student at Edge Hill University in Ormskirk, Lancashire.

I've had a read through some of the other dissertation posts on here and to differentiate my thread from the others, I'm focusing more on the political and economic factors which are possibly influencing the purchase / usage of electric vehicles today.
I will post a survey link later on to gain quantitive data, however I'm starting with collecting qualitative data to judge which direction my research is going to head in.

I would really appreciate any of your comments or opinions regarding the following points:
Please feel free to contribute whether you are an EV owner or considering to buy one
  • the reasons why you chose to purchase an electric vehicle
  • how you charge your vehicle - workplace charge points / personal charge points
  • whether you were aware of any government / local council grants that may have effected your decision in purchasing an electric vehicle
  • whether you were aware of any government / local council grants relating to the installation of personal charge points
  • if you bought from a dealership, did they offer any incentives to choose an electric vehicle over a standard liquid fuel vehicle
  • any overall opinions relating to being an electric vehicle owner.
I understand your opinions are personal and therefore all information collected will remain anonymous, and if you would prefer to chat with me privately then that can be done so via my email.

Any discussion would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you for your time.

Lydia Gaskell

email - [email protected]

Edgehill University
St Helens Rd,
Ormskirk
L39 4QP
Hi there!

Sorry I left the thread hanging for so long, Ive had to prioritise other assignments. I have now attached the link to my online questionnaire.
I would really appreciate it if you could complete the questionnaire.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe560diS4FTNn71GkWX0XCX-7JQ_cq0igpmNV4NOD-TvvlqWw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Done it, though some of the questions puzzled me.
eg, How important was public charging to me when buying the car?
Well, it was very important, because the lack of reliable rapid charging meant I bought a much longer range car than I would have if there was reliable charging available on my likely routes. So it was important but possibly for entirely different reasons to some other people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done it, though some of the questions puzzled me.
eg, How important was public charging to me when buying the car?
Well, it was very important, because the lack of reliable rapid charging meant I bought a much longer range car than I would have if there was reliable charging available on my likely routes. So it was important but possibly for entirely different reasons to some other people.
@mikegs Thank you completing the questionnaire, I really appreciate it! From looking at the responses I've got so far, this answer has had a varied response. Maybe I could have reworded it differently, but for my parents, they very rarely use public chargers as we have a home and work charger and only complete short journeys, so public charging for them isn't as important as for somebody else like yourself. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts