Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
OP needs a Buck-Boost converter that is safe and reliable over the voltage and current range.

BTW this has been done on CHAdeMO. I posted links several years ago. Of course CHAdeMO supports exporting power for V2G and V2H. Both LEAF and Outlander can supply power over their CHAdeMO connector.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
OP needs a Buck-Boost converter that is safe and reliable over the voltage and current range.

BTW this has been done on CHAdeMO. I posted links several years ago. Of course CHAdeMO supports exporting power for V2G and V2H. Both LEAF and Outlander can supply power over their CHAdeMO connector.
It doesn't appear that the OP has necessary knowledge or experience or skills hence don't try this at home folks comment

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

In regards of what you wrote above: A Nissan electric car that can power house

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I hope this answer your question:
How will you change the number of cells being used to charge the flat battery?
How will you deal with the subsequent mismatch in SoC in the supplying battery?

Directly connecting batteries with no control is risky. The initial current flow could be well beyond the hardware's capacity. A CCS charger (or Chademo) will regulate the voltage to keep the current to what the car is asking for. You seem to be planning to entirely bypass all that.

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
You are right that there is no standard of battery voltage, but for start one EV can translate power to the same model EV.
But that is a niche within a niche. This is all fine if a hobby project (and you don't kill yourself with 350V) but really isn't going to be something we will see commercially for a very long time - if ever.

We will see DC battery based EV charging where the charger can link appropriate banks of batteries to give correct voltage. There are already some on market as per my link above.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts