Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people are opposed to the concept of DIY and therefore I suggest they find another forum thread to read ;)

For everyone else, some great progress is being made on both CHAdeMO chargers and the interface required for cars to use CHAdeMO charging infrastructure (start watching at 2:01:00);

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Good to hear, but is this a permenant solution? i.e. does the chademo spec allow something like "keys" and could stop anuthorised hardware form working? And I think these people will struggle to actually -sell- anything, won't they?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know some people are opposed to the concept of DIY and therefore I suggest they find another forum thread to read ;)
I guess that may include me.

If you drop a spanner across the terminals of a 12 Volt starter battery it can weld into place with the high currents involved.

I hate to think what may occur if you accidentally short across your traction battery.

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
I guess that may include me.

If you drop a spanner across the terminals of a 12 Volt starter battery it can weld into place with the high currents involved.

I hate to think what may occur if you accidentally short across your traction battery.
Melty sparky fun time! I accidentally shorted an 80ah 24v lithium battery, and it did indeed leave weld spots on my socket wrench...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts