Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked in the obvious places (ie ONTO and Elmo) but wondered if I'm missing anything. It would be really helpful to try one for a month or two when the i3 goes back before committing!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cor well spotted @Bill N ! Not outrageous pricing either (£540 per month for Family Pro)

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,682 Posts
3 months
Sorry to hijack the thread with my own question, but do you know anything about, or have any experience with this Wagonex company? I've personally never heard of them before, but they appear to have a Twizy available and I am VERY Tempted.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,166 Posts
Nope — nothing at all...sorry! They seem to operate under a few different guises, and don’t seem to have a lot of any one car type.

Seems like insurance is extra, but wasn’t immediately obvious to me.

·
3,166 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,682 Posts
Nope — nothing at all...sorry! They seem to operate under a few different guises, and don’t seem to have a lot of any one car type.

Seems like insurance is extra, but wasn’t immediately obvious to me.
Thanks. Yeah, I just found that out myself. In some ways that's a good thing as I can get my own policy with my own terms and excess compared to ONTO Where it's £1000, no windscreen cover etc. Basically £50 a month for me to insure a Twizy, which apparently isn't expensive enough to put me off the idea of going ahead.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to grab one for a weekend from evrent.co.uk first (if I can get the form with my proof of address to submit...) £70 a day with insurance extra is bearable and they're based quite close to me.

Reactions: Bill N

·
3,166 Posts
I'm going to grab one for a weekend from evrent.co.uk first (if I can get the form with my proof of address to submit...) £70 a day with insurance extra is bearable and they're based quite close to me.
Would be interested to hear how you find it compared to the i3. I’m currently 3 or 4 weeks into having the Kona after the i3 and.....really don’t like it so far. Just fairly horrible to drive compared to the i3, around town at least.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The i3 is coming to the end of a short lease that was a relative bargain at the time. I've asked about an extension but it would take the cost up to nearly £300 a month, and ideally we would like something bigger, hence shopping around...

Reactions: Bill N

·
3,166 Posts
The i3 is coming to the end of a short lease that was a relative bargain at the time. I've asked about an extension but it would take the cost up to nearly £300 a month, and ideally we would like something bigger, hence shopping around...
Well, definitely doing the right thing in my view by trying before committing. I’m certainly glad I haven’t committed to the Kona for a long lease as I just don’t really enjoy diving it. ID3 does seem most likely best alternative currently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts