Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully charged last night, set off from sunny Sheffield to visit my mum in Nottingham...

And it appears it's 38.7 miles door to door with a range of 39 miles remaining!!!

So do I dare try the return journey without doing a stop at a rapid???

Oh and I forgot to do the reset thing on the range before I set off...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If the range was 80 or less when you left then go for it. Renault is always pessimistic and you "should" have a few miles left at zero.
(Take coffee and blanket though :))

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Could offer you a charge but guess the rapid is better. I'd stop, even if just for 10 mins.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers folks, got my daughter with me so probably won't push it!

Weirdly, I have just moved the car and the charge has gone up from 39 to 44 miles . Guess it must be the car having a think after the long run.... So I am pretty happy that a journey of less than 80 miles wouldn't be a problem.

The range anxiety you lot mention certainly makes you think!!!

I am going to try the rapid at either trowel or tibshelf services as I've got I check the car is working ok on them after the fiasco with Chargemaster at Asda yesterday.

Meadowhall have quite a few chargers if I remember right, but I try not to visit the place as its a pain in the ass at this time of year

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think your right there, would that rapid just do 80% charge then and the others that are there do up to 100%?

·
Registered
427 Posts
To be honest I don't know, most of them are pre-set to stop at 80%. I've been using nissan rapid in Hull few months ago, it actually didn't stop at 80%, and it's same DBT unit as most (all?) Ecotricity ones

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I wouldn't chance it given the circumstances in the OP. Unless I was very certain that my outbound journey had been mostly uphill and my return would be mostly down. (e.g. the recent Aviemore thread).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts