Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed several threads where members said they roll their car onto the cable when using public posts, but don't the posts lock the cable in when charging?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The leaf also locks the cable into the car so your £200 cable is safe no matter what the post does. I used to have a cable you could lock into the car with padlock also

·
Registered
707 Posts
Amperas and Gen 1 Leaf do not lock the cable to the EV. So it could be removed, and then the charging station would unlock its end, and then the entire cable could be removed.

Some Type 1 charging cables have a little hole for a small padlock on the connector. I believe that this is there to provide security from unwanted unlocking.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Zoe locks the cable in place for charging,as does the Siemens fast Chargers I use..a button on the remote keycard unlocks it again when charging is complete..

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
I always put a loop of cable through the wheel, around a spoke and then padlock the loop back to the main cable, unless it is cut it cant be removed. When we used to charge in MK I was unlocked once, not sure if it was attemted theft or just an idiot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts