• Yes

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There is a difference between your questions "Do you" and "Can you"?
If Can you, Yes, If Do you, No

·
Registered
441 Posts
But my EV can be charged most places (Twizy). Except at work where NO EV's are permitted to be charged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a difference between your questions "Do you" and "Can you"?
If Can you, Yes, If Do you, No
Apologies for posing the question in two different ways, Do you and Can you are very different, although I am interested in both.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
If you live in an apartment you can't.
Too broad a brush Bill. Old flats with no parking you are correct. Modern flat or building conversion with underground car park then you "might" be able to.

Derek

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
338 Posts
But my EV can be charged most places (Twizy). Except at work where NO EV's are permitted to be charged.
I must admit that this surprises me less than the free charging at work reported by some lucky commuters

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If you live in an apartment you can't.
Incorrect! :p

I'm in a first floor flat and have a british gas/ polar unit. Thankfully the electrical cupboard is right next to the main entrance and my parking space is just the other side of the wall.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Incorrect! :p

I'm in a first floor flat and have a british gas/ polar unit. Thankfully the electrical cupboard is right next to the main entrance and my parking space is just the other side of the wall.
Interesting! Is the unit connected to the communal supply or your own meter?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Interesting! Is the unit connected to the communal supply or your own meter?
Own meter.

Meters our downstairs and consumer unit in the flat. Will take a picture when I get home

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes; for the first 6 months using a Screwfix £20 3 pin plug then a self installed charging station. 25,000 miles and never had a charging failure at home. KISS Keep It Simple S...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, what is your research for, exactly?
I'm an interaction design student, I'm doing a project around the use of EVs in the UK, trying to understand areas that could be improved upon with the EV eco system and possibly provide design solutions.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
I'm an interaction design student, I'm doing a project around the use of EVs in the UK, trying to understand areas that could be improved upon with the EV eco system and possibly provide design solutions.
Almost everything could be much better. ;) Lots of options for you to tinker with I'm sure once you get some feedback in.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply. Think you'll find that there are plenty of opinions on that topic!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts