Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Ecotricity may need to re-think the requirements for their new +Car tariff to allow Lease-holders to send alternative proof-of-"usership" rather than a V5C.

If you are likely to want to switch it may be worth you speaking to your vehicle's official owner and finding out what documentation they can supply, then contacting Ecotricity to let them know that you are interested, and what you can offer them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've raised this issue with ecotricity and they've just advised they're looking into it. Our cars are through Vauxhall lease and we've not been given the V5s

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had various "lease purchase"/PCP over the years and always had the registered keeper's documents.
I think the difference is that PCP and Lease purchase are ways of buying - full Lease and "Contract Hire" are not

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think the difference is that PCP and Lease purchase are ways of buying - full Lease and "Contract Hire" are not
Ah yes, you may have hit the nail on the head there, Contract Hire and Business Lease are very different beasts from a PCP

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I am curious... if you don't hold the V5C what do you show the police if you are required to produce documents? If there some other document that counts in lieu?

·
Registered
991 Posts
You just have to supply the name of the lease company, a quick check of the PNC will confirm that. Much the same as if you were in a her car, although you'd have some paperwork in that case? They're much more interested in driving licence and insurance these days anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts