Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Banned
844 Posts
Hey all,

I listed all the publicly traded electric car/bus/FUV makers; battery makers; charging networks; Lithium mines etc I know so I could look at them all from one place:
Electric Vehicle STOCKS Google Sheet
It's live, so the stock prices, market caps etc are renewed with a 20-minute delay.

Since we are all electric vehicle enthusiasts here, I find it natural to be interested in how the companies are doing on the market.

What stocks am I missing here?
Do you own any stocks connected to EVs and why those?
I bought Tesla, BMW and several Lithium miners in 2016 for cheap. All Litium miners doing well, sold BMW at a small loss in September, to buy more Tesla after the stock split. Now sit on 50 Telsa shares, at a very, very big profit. Happy with my EV investing.

· Registered
702 Posts
Personally, I don’t think it’s appropriate to start your presence on a forum (any forum) with a thread that refers to your newsletter, and then follow up with a post that contains a link to a document with a similar link in it. To me, regardless of intention, it just looks like “I’m really here to promote my newsletter”. I can’t pretend that I‘ve changed my mind, because I haven’t, though I would be very pleased to be proved wrong.

But I’m clearly in a minority of one, so, genuinely, please ignore my first post. If everyone else is happy then that’s fine by me.

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Piedmont Lithium (PLL) and Livent (LTHM), both lithium mining, possibly Lithium Americas (LAC).

I'm keeping an eye on these, and a few EV makers.
Thanks! I added these 3 tickers to the list as well. :)

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It seems an initial frosty reception for you on the forum but as you are involved in an electric taxi company I think you will have some very interesting and useful thoughts to add and I'm sure the fourm members will soon warm to you.
Yes he has already posted some very interesting stuff on the Leaf forum. Genuine poster.
Gosh.....what is wrong with people today....The guy doesn't want to sell you anything, he doesn't ask you to buy shares in his taxi company, he just shares information.
ust report spammy posts an let the moderators decide. We should also remember that non Brits may have more of a problem with sarcy but humorous remarks. So, welcome Jaan and thanks for your helpful an interesting posts
Thank you all! I can't say it hasn't been a warm welcome here in general. Looks like a great forum and I hope to get into discussions as much as my time allows.

I get Astolat's point as well and I'll try to 'dial it down' as much as possible. Just something to expect going forward: If I share a resource like this Google Sheet, I will not remove the link to join my newsletter from the Sheet itself. I will share it also in other places and probably use it for actually getting subscribers to my newsletter too somewhere. So I won't just make another Sheet exactly like the first one to share here, there's no point in that. So you can expect my resources to have the "promotion" part in it, if I post a resource that leads to outside this forum < it's like posting a youtube video - whoever's video you post, they'll want you to subscribe there.

EdH, Padrino, DuRam, Jon72 - the nice words warm my heart - thank you! :)[/QUOTE]

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I bought Tesla, BMW and several Lithium miners in 2016 for cheap. All Litium miners doing well, sold BMW at a small loss in September, to buy more Tesla after the stock split. Now sit on 50 Telsa shares, at a very, very big profit. Happy with my EV investing.
So you were ahead of the curve, huh. Well done! (y)
Do you have any other Lithium miners except SQM ALB PLL LTHM LAC?

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
To anybody interested - it has 60 stocks now, connected to electric vehicles. :)

Reactions: wyx087

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR '72 & Nissan Leaf 24 '64
2,301 Posts
Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Tales of my EV shares adventure:
Bought Tesla in 2017, sold it late last year thinking 400 was as high as it’ll ever get. Now a quarter of its original share is worth over 500.
Bought a few shares in Nikola a few months ago, just before them being exposed they were rolling down hill........

So my luck isn’t great with stocks and share 😂

· Banned
844 Posts
Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Tales of my EV shares adventure:
Bought Tesla in 2017, sold it late last year thinking 400 was as high as it’ll ever get. Now a quarter of its original share is worth over 500.
Classic mistake, i added to my position by an extra 20 shares the day after the stock split @ $450. This is like all the weak hands that bailed on Bitcoin under $6k in 2018 and March 2020 (covid dump) and said it will never ever go back above the $19k 2017 high, and yet, here we are today, and it did. 2021 is going to be epic for Tesla and Bitcoin investors.

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR '72 & Nissan Leaf 24 '64
2,301 Posts
Classic mistake, i added to my position by an extra 20 shares the day after the stock split @ $450. This is like all the weak hands that bailed on Bitcoin under $6k in 2018 and March 2020 (covid dump) and said it will never ever go back above the $19k 2017 high, and yet, here we are today, and it did. 2021 is going to be epic for Tesla and Bitcoin investors.
Don't worry, I've bought back about half worth of what I've sold after the split a few months ago. I think of it as cashing out my 2017-2019 gains.

But it's a far cry from how much I could have got if I hodl!

On the spreadsheet. Could you add a renewable energy sector? It's sort of linked to EV and I think this sector would also have good outlook going forward.

· Registered
Nissan LEAF 2014
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Don't worry, I've bought back about half worth of what I've sold after the split a few months ago. I think of it as cashing out my 2017-2019 gains.
But it's a far cry from how much I could have got if I hodl!
On the spreadsheet. Could you add a renewable energy sector? It's sort of linked to EV and I think this sector would also have good outlook going forward.
Thanks for sharing the story :) I did smth very similar too, bought TSLA at ~230$ and sold at 450$, DAYS before the big rally to 900$+ lol. But live and learn, yeah.

I've thought about doing an additional spreadsheet for the renewable energy sector (and one for other companies that are now making serious EV efforts like VW etc). That'll be a bigger one, I'll see if and when I get the time, will share it here.

Reactions: wyx087

· Registered
24 Posts
Holy crap-ola QS the past couple weeks! That’s some pretty big news that they broke with those solid state batteries. Hope it’s not all smoke and hype, but the real deal.

The good news is:

If it’s hype that amounts to nothing... we are safe from the bubble burst that’s coming.

If it’s legit... they have broke open the industry and found the holy grail battery tech that will mainstream EV’s, extend our range, extend battery life, shorten our charge time, and it’s NOT too late to get on the moon rocket!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.