• I am not a Tesla owner but I own Tesla stock

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I am a Tesla owner but I do not own Tesla stock

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I am not a Tesla owner or shareholder I'm just snooping

Votes: 9 25.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2016 Tesla Model S70; 2021 Renault Zoe R135.
505 Posts
I once sat through a dull-as-ditch-water financial advice session where after over an hour of interrogation my appetite for risk was assessed as something like "open to slight risk" and my better half was "slightly cautious". What this tells me was that for me, owning shares in individual companies, let alone a rollercoaster like Tesla, is very much the opposite of all professional advice I'm ever likely to receive (I don't have the time or inclination to build up and manage a portfolio of shares which could be one way of mitigating the risk of shares in individual companies). The only possible consideration for me would be to buy units in a fund that has high exposure to TSLA (but even then it would likely be a high risk fund and not the sort of thing I'd be advised to do).

The biggest risk I took was ordering a Model S in 2015 when there was a very real chance that the company would go belly up or get bought up within a year or two. Owning shares on top of a Tesla back than would have been risky-to-the-power-n. It's easy to take for granted now but I'm delighted that Tesla has gone from strength to strength just from an ownership perspective (I still have my S). I'll leave the untold fortune making to others (and thank them for investing in Tesla!).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.