Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rest your knee on the steering wheel and the sensor in the Kia is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,013 Posts
A Tesla driver was pulled over for being a moron and stopped from killing himself:

What I can’t work out is:
  1. How he thought this was OK.
  2. How he disabled the steering wheel alert.
1. He's an idiot
2. I understand that some people attach one of those ankle weight things used by joggers to the steering wheel

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,041 Posts
What I would like to know is how they stopped the car eventually.

90mph chase until the battery ran out?

·
Registered
371 Posts
They can't have been actually sleeping. Probably just being pricks. Still that's how Tesla gets bad rep.

I wonder if Tesla can update their autopilot to get the car to move over to the slow lane when it detects police lights behind it and then eventually stop if those lights stay behind it.

That's my Dragons Den idea. Anyone want to invest 100k for 1% of my new company?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
What I can’t work out is:
  1. How he thought this was OK
  1. Seems pretty normal to me for a young male.
How he disabled the steering wheel alert.
I'm actually disappointed with Tesla. They know this is a problem but don't seem to have done anything more than the legacy makers do with their driver aids.
There's been work going on for many years to use vision systems to monitor driver's eyes for tiredness, so you'd think it was trivial for their camera systems to tell if there was a head-like object somewhere in the right area.

Or just stop the car if the driver seat is reclined.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
  1. Seems pretty normal to me for a young male.
I'm actually disappointed with Tesla. They know this is a problem but don't seem to have done anything more than the legacy makers do with their driver aids.
There's been work going on for many years to use vision systems to monitor driver's eyes for tiredness, so you'd think it was trivial for their camera systems to tell if there was a head-like object somewhere in the right area.

Or just stop the car if the driver seat is reclined.
Privacy and regulatory concerns have slowed them activating the internal camera. Also, no internal cameras on older models.

Reactions: mikegs

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts

In USA the police now know to pull in front of a wayward Tesla and slow down until it stops.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,041 Posts
A couple of magazines let off into the frunk normally slows it down real good.
And kills everyone inside. That's the traditional US police solution to everything.

I believe (hope) they are learning better.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
243 Posts

Pull in front of it and controlled slow down and stop. Autopilot will force the tesla to do the same.

Probably their easiest controlled stop ever as there isn't a chav in a hoodie trying to avoid having to stop.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts