Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum - had my e-Niro 4 delivered on Thursday:)

This happened to me on Hanger lane roundabout (A406/A40) on Sunday AM - the FCA warning and cruise control failure. It reset fine on my next re-start.

Has anyone discovered if this is a known issue or something that needs further investigation?

Thanks!
This is a known issue here but Kia have no idea about it/ don't want to know and dealers do not know either. Some have had the radar replaced which didn't do anything.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
196 Posts
Had the Forward Collision Warning Fault appear again today on my 2020 E Niro 4.That is twice it has happened recently, both times outside my friends place after dropping him off. The first time it happened I didn't make a note of where it happened but I had seen my friend that day. So perhaps there is a pattern here. What are other peoples experiences. There is a phone mast nearby.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Had the Forward Collision Warning Fault appear again today on my 2020 E Niro 4.That is twice it has happened recently, both times outside my friends place after dropping him off. The first time it happened I didn't make a note of where it happened but I had seen my friend that day. So perhaps there is a pattern here. What are other peoples experiences. There is a phone mast nearby.
The User Manual I have access to. for a 2020 car, has extensive explanation of the FCA function and its limitations. Maybe worth re-reading...

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
196 Posts
Had another FCW event last night, once again at my friends house. The last two occasions were late in the evening, and not when I picked him up early afternoon. So this problem would seem to be location related and also possibly time as well. I'll continue to report on this, perhaps others could add their findings.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not in a NIRO, but our current car, a VW with an ICE, started having some FCW errors. Basically, it turned out to be the early signs of the 12v battery failing. A few months of it, then other sensors started going a bit doolally, then before we knew it the battery just died altogether and wouldn't take charge. Unfortunately it was chucking it down and we couldn't even wind the windows up.

Not trying to worry you, but is it an avenue to explore/check?

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
196 Posts
I have it set so that the main traction battery maintains the 12v system checking it regularly

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have it set so that the main traction battery maintains the 12v system checking it regularly
Have you actually tested it? Our battery should have been in top health due to the way we drove the car - plenty of long runs, very few stop/starts journeys. It was most likely a faulty battery.

Just saying.. The FCA was the first bit of telemetry to notice the subtle drop in power supplied by the battery - way before the battery management or other equipment. In fact the low battery light was the last one to come on!!

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
196 Posts
Had another FCA warning last night, same again at my friends house, though OK there earlier in the day. I checked the 12v battery this morning and it was showing 80%, so stuck it on the trickle charger for an hour. Wondering why it had dropped so low given that it is set to maintain from the traction battery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've followed this thread with interest for some time, but had my first FCA warning a couple of days ago as I drove past a mobile phone mast at close range (between 5-10m at the time of the alert) in crawling traffic. Could be a coincidence, but I suspect not. First time in a year of ownership, so I'm not bothered - I just restarted the car once I was out of the area.

I was relieved that it was only a warning to "Check FCA" and not a sharp braking action, which I had (mis-)understood from the thread.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've followed this thread with interest for some time, but had my first FCA warning a couple of days ago as I drove past a mobile phone mast at close range (between 5-10m at the time of the alert) in crawling traffic. Could be a coincidence, but I suspect not.
I thought that automotive radar was using 77gHz versus the 0.8mHz to 3.4gHz of mobile phones, so can't imagine there's much risk of them interfering.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts