Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2020 VW ID3
4,050 Posts
I've got Lane Assist on Life model. Have turned it off. asap. I can take the gentle tug on a motorway, but it's a pain & a danger if it tugs as I'm doing a country-lane-verge manoeuvre on the single-track-with-passing-places roads nearby. VW in their new minimalist way have hidden this setting way down in some menu, needs looking at the screen to do all this & press corect portion of screen to toggle. Impossible to change safely while on the move.

My dealer took me through the menus; when he came to that one with the various safety-stuff bits in, he told me he turns this off as he can't stand it. I agree.

Hyundai Ioniq has a single button on panel at RHS behing steering wheel to toggle this. Easy
VW has complex menu-search to toggle this. Hard.

Hyundai got it right.
VW screwed up.
I have seen it stated that the lane assist function is required to get a EuroNCAP five stars. And it is now a requirement that it cannot be cancelled with a single click. Hence it is burried in menus.

I hate it too!

· Registered
2020 VW ID3
4,050 Posts
I agree, 3 taps is not a huge deal to turn it off.

I suspect that the behaviour of lane assist will get tweaked so it's not so intrusive. My analogy is that you need to consider the software before 2.0 to be a 'demo mode' where the sensitivity to errors is turned up to 11 and it reports issues that aren't really there.
It's got to be intrusive to do what it's meant to do. So I wouldn't hold your breath.
I shall be memorising the three clicks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.