Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any information on service schedules, content / costs?
I ask because a lot of manufacturers seem to be treating EV's like ICE cars in terms of service schedule. Hyundai are notable in this fact some people have speculated they don't want to pee off their dealer network. But as someone else pointed out a 10k service interval is pretty daft when even a diesel is more like 18k. Equally the pre-purchase Hyundai maintenance plan can get eye watering after four years. Is VW in the same place?

·
Registered
750 Posts
You should only need to check and replace the brake fluid every couple of years and do the air-con etc.
EV's shouldn't have servicing requirements like ICE cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Interesting how VW will price their ID3 ‘small’ care package, which is basically servicing on top of a lease.
Surely it can’t be more than £10 a month for the servicing component. I think recovery is separate??

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
It was one of the things that VW are saying is a benefit to driving an ev, reduced service costs.
The e-Golf isn't too bad and I remember the talk about the ID3 servicing made me think it would be about the same. I bad about £100 plus vat for the last two e-Golf services and it's once a year or every 18/20k miles and brake fluid is changed at 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts