Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
427 Posts
The bottom line of all this discussion is "how do you know how big it is ?

There is no simple way for anyone to measure the energy that the battery holds. The available EXTERNAL power that the battery can produce depends on temperature, and the programming of the BMS and I expect a lot more.

Effectively the manufacturer tells you how big it is and there is no accepted way of measuring it. The manufacturers software may tell you how big it is, it's their game not yours.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,129 Posts
Teslabjorn has tested the car twice. Over a decent distance, warm and cool conditions. Both times he found 48kWh was the usable. He also covered 180miles, quickly wheb it was warm and the same range when it was cold, but he was driving very slow.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
427 Posts
Bjorne also has some missing kWh he could not explain.
His only data was how much charge the charger said it gave the car, and the energy use that the car's software reported.
I think we too readily believe digital data, in reality all the data is pasteurised for our consumption by unknown algorithms.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,129 Posts
Bjorne also has some missing kWh he could not explain.
His only data was how much charge the charger said it gave the car, and the energy use that the car's software reported.
I think we too readily believe digital data, in reality all the data is pasteurised for our consumption by unknown algorithms.
My car says 22kWh available in CanZE on a full charge, but it runs flat (and stops) at 20kWh consumed! Which should I believe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts