Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I was wondering if the Corsa-e uses regen when slowing down during use of adaptive cruise control (ACC) ?
It seems logical that it does, but I know that not all EVs do (i.e. the MG ZS EV doesn't).

It could be easily checked by viewing the Charge/Eco/Power bar, or the energy flow animation in the infotainment/dash monitor.
When the car slows down (such as when a car in front slows down), does the bar/animation show that energy is recuperated back to the battery ?

Just doing my homework before deciding to buy :)

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that in the UK they don't have ACC, but I guess other countries do (maybe only under the "Opel" brand?).
Here in Israel we have it for sure. I even tested it out during a short test drive I did a few weeks ago, its definitely ACC.
The thing is that I didn't think about checking regen during ACC when I did the test drive. Now I'm curious :)

Its really odd that the UK doesn't get ACC... Is this a price deal or something else?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,900 Posts
Some versions of the E208 seem to have ACC. The Opel ones seem to be missing it as well.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
558 Posts
Yeah, I know that in the UK they don't have ACC, but I guess other countries do (maybe only under the "Opel" brand?).
Here in Israel we have it for sure. I even tested it out during a short test drive I did a few weeks ago, its definitely ACC.
The thing is that I didn't think about checking regen during ACC when I did the test drive. Now I'm curious :)

Its really odd that the UK doesn't get ACC... Is this a price deal or something else?
The Vauxhall brand decided in their wisdom, to only offer ACC on the ICE version of the Corsa.

Regarding your question, I don't know if anyone here in the UK can answer you definitively. However, regen when decelerating is only available when in B mode. Regen is available in either D or B mode when using the brakes. I suppose it will come down to which mode you are driving in at the time and the rate at which ACC needs to decelerate whether it actually applies braking or not.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hi there.
I was wondering if the Corsa-e uses regen when slowing down during use of adaptive cruise control (ACC) ?
It seems logical that it does, but I know that not all EVs do (i.e. the MG ZS EV doesn't).

It could be easily checked by viewing the Charge/Eco/Power bar, or the energy flow animation in the infotainment/dash monitor.
When the car slows down (such as when a car in front slows down), does the bar/animation show that energy is recuperated back to the battery ?

Just doing my homework before deciding to buy :)

I appreciate your help.
A quick estimate of the recovered energy in a lossless arrangment for e-regen in ACC, when slowing from say 60 mph to 40 mph, shows that for a single event its actually quite small - almost certainly not registering to any extent on an energy flow indicator. Over a journey with multiple ACC e-regen events it might add up to an amount that could add a few miles - but actually just driving slightly slower with fewer e-regen events could well be a more efiicent way of travelling...

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7.4kW
83 Posts
The Vauxhall brand decided in their wisdom, to only offer ACC on the ICE version of the Corsa.

Regarding your question, I don't know if anyone here in the UK can answer you definitively. However, regen when decelerating is only available when in B mode. Regen is available in either D or B mode when using the brakes. I suppose it will come down to which mode you are driving in at the time and the rate at which ACC needs to decelerate whether it actually applies braking or not.
Are you sure about that? I definitely get regen in D as well. D is up to 25% I’d say on the bar and B up to 50% when lifting off the accelerator.

Very noticeable difference when compared to full charge with no regen and it keeps going!

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
558 Posts
Are you sure about that? I definitely get regen in D as well. D is up to 25% I’d say on the bar and B up to 50% when lifting off the accelerator.

Very noticeable difference when compared to full charge with no regen and it keeps going!
From my own experience, I rarely drive in D mode so can't say for sure whether there is no regen when coasting. I seem to get no regen when in D except when braking. In B mode, unless SOC is above about 95% I get good regen.

I'll have to check again this afternoon to see if there is any noticable regen in D mode. I find it a bit scary these days driving in B mode with a full SOC. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts