Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here in my Zoe R135 2020 and charging after driving for 40min, charging at 44kW and wanted to force the heater on.. the heater however only shoots out ice cold air.

Had the same problem during summer that cold air was not coming out..

Is it like this for everyone?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'm sitting here in my Zoe R135 2020 and charging after driving for 40min, charging at 44kW and wanted to force the heater on.. the heater however only shoots out ice cold air.

Had the same problem during summer that cold air was not coming out..

Is it like this for everyone?
There are two posts on the RZOC forum in the Heating section where pre condition from the app launch button works during charging Heating ZE50 While Charging | RZOC

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,881 Posts
The cheat with pre conditioning does work but it's 10 minutes worth at a time. I assume the 50s can set a manual climate timer inside the car if the app doesn't work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cheat with pre conditioning does work but it's 10 minutes worth at a time. I assume the 50s can set a manual climate timer inside the car if the app doesn't work?
Did not think about that. Will try that out. Thanks!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,038 Posts
Shame Renault deleted the button boost button from the "door key". Its what kept me warm during 5 winters of Zoe ownership.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
I assume the 50s can set a manual climate timer inside the car if the app doesn't work?
Nope. If the app doesn't work, the climate timer doesn't either in my experience.

It'll acknowledge the timer and show up on the dash but the departure time will come and go with the car not acting upon the command.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,881 Posts
Nope. If the app doesn't work, the climate timer doesn't either in my experience.

It'll acknowledge the timer and show up on the dash but the departure time will come and go with the car not acting upon the command.
That's a shame. Another over sight.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Don't you hold down the power button for three seconds, without pressing the brake pedal, then the HVAC will work?

I'm sure I read something about this.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
Hmm. Timely thread. I'm sat at a rapid atm with time to mess around, so thought I'd try a few things.

Press power button without brake - cold air

Power button with brake - charge interrupted

Launch preconditioning via app (usually works) - 'The vehicle could not perform the requested action' maybe unrelated server error?

Hold down power button for the seconds - 'Permanent APC activated' no idea what this is!, but it didn't make warm air come out.

-

On an unrelated note, the heater in mine isn't exactly hot. On 'Hi' it pushes out reasonably warm air, but certainly not enough for me to get hot. On any other setting it's not really been enough to keep me warm these recent weeks (0C).

Is that other people's experience, or do I have a duff one?

Reactions: cDy

·
Registered
463 Posts
Permanent APC activated think it disables the car from going to sleep . (like when it shuts itself off after you're sitting in without "engine running")

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmm. Timely thread. I'm sat at a rapid atm with time to mess around, so thought I'd try a few things.

Press power button without brake - cold air

Power button with brake - charge interrupted

Launch preconditioning via app (usually works) - 'The vehicle could not perform the requested action' maybe unrelated server error?

Hold down power button for the seconds - 'Permanent APC activated' no idea what this is!, but it didn't make warm air come out.

-

On an unrelated note, the heater in mine isn't exactly hot. On 'Hi' it pushes out reasonably warm air, but certainly not enough for me to get hot. On any other setting it's not really been enough to keep me warm these recent weeks (0C).

Is that other people's experience, or do I have a duff one?
mine is very hot, never turn it past 22, much better heater than old Zoe

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,558 Posts
I don't own a ZE50 so I cannot confirm this but it seems the car needs to be locked, SOC above 40% *) , then use preconditioning program or app. The "locked" one seems to be missed often as a condition.

*) Grapevine says when using the API it can be 25% or 20%, and it's actually the app imposing that 40% limit.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
Grapevine says when using the API it can be 25% or 20%, and it's actually the app imposing that 40% limit.
This appears to be correct. You can still actually precondition with the app above 20% if you are quick enough to press the button just after opening the app before it gets greyed out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts