Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Does the e-nv200 Evalia (either 2018 or 2019 model) have a cigarette lighter charging port?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jamiebell 
#1 ·
Myself and my partner are about to buy one of these vans over in Norway where we live. Inspired by Glyn Hudson's excellent conversion on YouTube, we're hoping to use it for some car camping and slowly convert it into something resembling a campervan! Neither of us are particularly knowledgeable about electrics, so to get started we're looking for a laptop charging solution for when we're on the go, without having to start messing with cables under the bonnet 😁.

We had to come back to the UK for a few weeks (for other reasons), so we're going to try and buy a few of the materials we might need while we're back here. Would anyone who owns this version of the e-nv200 be able to let us know if it has a standard 12V DC "cigarette lighter" charging port in the front? Couldn't find anything online. We'd be hoping to use something like this inverter to charge a laptop:

Thanks for your help!

Jamie

#2 ·
We had to come back to the UK for a few weeks (for other reasons), so we're going to try and buy a few of the materials we might need while we're back here. Would anyone who owns this version of the e-nv200 be able to let us know if it has a standard 12V DC "cigarette lighter" charging port in the front? Couldn't find anything online. We'd be hoping to use something like this inverter to charge a laptop:

Hi Jamie,

My Evalia (40kWh from 2018) has a 12V DC outlet in the central console, and another one on the back of the base of the drivers seat. I would expect that a van version has at least the outlet in the central console. Both outlets jointly are rated 120W, so 300W inverter would blow the fuse. I was able to find a 12DC adapter for my laptop, so perhaps you could consider this option, too. (something like this, 90W in this example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...ix=12V+universal+lapto,electronics,158&sr=8-3 )

--Vilius

#3 ·
Hi Jamie,

My Evalia (40kWh from 2018) has a 12V DC outlet in the central console, and another one on the back of the base of the drivers seat. I would expect that a van version has at least the outlet in the central console. Both outlets jointly are rated 120W, so 300W inverter would blow the fuse. I was able to find a 12DC adapter for my laptop, so perhaps you could consider this option, too. (something like this, 90W in this example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-vehicle-Chromebook-Notebook-Soundbar/dp/B07SHFKG3N/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3KOHG87YXNMAA&dchild=1&keywords=12v+universal+laptop+car+charger&qid=1624035927&sprefix=12V+universal+lapto,electronics,158&sr=8-3 )

--Vilius
Hi Vilius,

Thanks so much for your help, really useful info on the wattage rating. Considering grabbing something like this so we can charge a couple different things off of it (and because my laptop is a fairly uncommon model, so I don't think I'll be able to find a dedicated 12V adapter for it):

But as I say, I don't know a whole a lot about these things so this might be a silly option :)

Best,
Jamie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.