Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK press release only mentions Lane Keep Assist (just bounces between the lane lines if the driver strays outside them) not Lane Follow Assist (auto steers smoothly in the middle of the lane). The Kona does have both and is advertised with both. I've test driven a Kona and it does work pretty well. The eNiro that Bjorn Nyland test drove in Korea and Norway did both have it. Is it just the Kia UK advertising not trying to confuse the uninitiated with too much jargon, or is it genuinely omitted from UK spec cars?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
When i had a courtesy Astra top spec with lane assist i thought i would steer itself like a Tesla. Oh no.
Alarming, snatching the steering, awful.

Got my Leaf 40 and impressed. Far from perfect but very good.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have requested the UK spec several times and the link they send me does not work. Does it work now?

·
Registered
649 Posts
The pricing and spec announcement mentions LJAS but makes no mention of LFA.

It also states that the central dash screen is 8".

·
Registered
649 Posts
We've got 2 threads running on this at the moment!

I completely accept that it is listed there but it isn't anywhere else whereas LKAS for instance is always mentioned. It is probably something that is going to need to be cleared up by Kia themselves. Did Johnny (or anyone else) make any comment about it when driving the UK version?

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
It seems not, but I saw this snapshot of the speedo on Jonny's video showing an icon for what I believe to be LFA on it.. Of course it might be LKA. Does anyone have a Kona or another kind of Kia who can interpret this?
Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 18.13.57.png

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
As a counter-argument to the wonderfulness of LFA and Autopilot-like systems, I wonder if they encourage drivers to illegally stick in the middle or right hand lane, rather than pull over into the slow lane once a passing manoeuvre has been completed..?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts