Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.

I know most cars come with some kind of manufacturer breakdown/recovery scheme as part of the warranty, but I haven’t seen anything similar for the MG.

So if the HV system randomly fails 400 miles from home, do they offer a recovery service or is it just one of those things that I’d have to call my own AA cover as it’s a cheap car?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
It comes with AA cover.
It doesn’t appear to cover locking the keys in the car apparently.

Reactions: Neilew and TiJayFLY

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess if you phone, you just give them the reg and they’d be able to look it up?

How long is the cover for?

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
I guess if you phone, you just give them the reg and they’d be able to look it up?
You get a red card with the details on. It comes in the manual pouch. Yes, you give them your reg. number and they come to rescue you.

Reactions: TiJayFLY

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
You do indeed get cover for breakdown, even if that breakdown is down to your own miscalculation of range and you run out. 🙋‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Good news is you can be honest and tell MG assist you just need towed, they pass your details onto the AA who then 🤦‍♂️ and pass your details onto the local tow firm with a flatbed.

Don't worry about how long the deal is for, you'll only make that mistake once. :ROFLMAO: But it renews every year if you get your car serviced by MG, and as above you get a little teddy bear sent to you too. Servicing on the MG isn't the cheapest (nor is it the most expensive) but the value adds help a bit.

Reactions: TiJayFLY and Neilew

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven’t even opened the glove box, guess that would have answered my question 😂 thanks all

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
I haven’t even opened the glove box, guess that would have answered my question 😂 thanks all
Your going to get a pleasant surprise having come from a Zoe 22. ;) The glovebox can actually hold the manuals unlike the Zoe. Although the manuals are small compared to the big but thin Zoe handbook. You'll be surprised at all the stuff you can fit in the glovebox, I took everything from the arm-rest, drivers door bin and glovebox and fitted it all in MG glove box, plus had room over for some other items. :)

Reactions: TiJayFLY and Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
Your going to get a pleasant surprise having come from a Zoe 22. ;) The glovebox can actually hold the manuals unlike the Zoe. Although the manuals are small compared to the big but thin Zoe handbook. You'll be surprised at all the stuff you can fit in the glovebox, I took everything from the arm-rest, drivers door bin and glovebox and fitted it all in MG glove box, plus had room over for some other items. :)
It's strange that not matter how much space you've got, the majority ends up where it gets in the way. Mine sits in front of the levers for KERS etc. SWMBO moves it all into the armrest. (y)

Reactions: TiJayFLY
1 - 10 of 10 Posts