Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today I went to see a 2017 plate Acenta with just under 20k on the clock. I took the dongle along and plugged it into the OBD port. Leaf Spy says...
IMG_3276[1].PNG

...to me the SOH ought to be a little better??? I think 91.4 is a bit low for a car just over three years old and 20k on the clock :(

I currently have a 2016 Acenta. Back in March (car was exactly four years old) and my SOH was at 92.5 with 26k miles.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
It's slightly lower than you'd expect for the later stronger cells, but it's not a disaster. It seems to have been charged roughly every 15 miles and more than once a day, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has been left at 100% for considerable periods. I'd want to see it at a lower SoC as well to check the cells at that point.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's slightly lower than you'd expect for the later stronger cells, but it's not a disaster. It seems to have been charged roughly every 15 miles and more than once a day, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has been left at 100% for considerable periods. I'd want to see it at a lower SoC as well to check the cells at that point.
Many thanks for the info there :) The salesman did say they'd collected the car back in early March, so it may well have been sitting around for a while with full charge.

How can you tell it's been charged around fifteen miles and more than once a day? Sorry, I'm very much a newbie to LeafSpy.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts

Few Rapids (QCs) but an awful lot of AC charges (L1/L2s). As before that comes out at under 15 miles per AC charge, and more than one per day. Why bother to charge up again if you go out for a short journey and then have another short journey to do later the same day? IMHO people with that sort of range anxiety tend to go to 100% rather than the 80% battery saver option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 132685

Few Rapids (QCs) but an awful lot of AC charges (L1/L2s). As before that comes out at under 15 miles per AC charge, and more than one per day. Why bother to charge up again if you go out for a short journey and then have another short journey to do later the same day? IMHO people with that sort of range anxiety tend to go to 100% rather than the 80% battery saver option.
Ah right! Now I understand the abbreviations, thanks! I agree, it seems pointless to charge up so frequently if so little miles are required from the car.

So this example has had over AC charges, though this is better than a high number of DC charges?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
AC charging is generally slower than DC charging and hence heats the battery up less, which in turn leads to a longer battery life. But it is better to cycle the battery less often, so say going from 70 to 100% daily is worse than going from 40 to 100% every other day.

This all said I'd still buy it if the price is right - it isn't far from the average and it is how you look after it going forwards that counts. Can I be cheeky and ask how much?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dont forget if they used the charge timer it clocks up 2 charges so that total could be halved which would mean it was charged every 30 miles

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AC charging is generally slower than DC charging and hence heats the battery up less, which in turn leads to a longer battery life. But it is better to cycle the battery less often, so say going from 70 to 100% daily is worse than going from 40 to 100% every other day.

This all said I'd still buy it if the price is right - it isn't far from the average and it is how you look after it going forwards that counts. Can I be cheeky and ask how much?
It’s up for £10650. I think I probably could’ve got it for 10.4 k

However I bought my 16 plate for 10.3 k back in October with 20 k miles, battery owned and 1 owner car just like the example I saw today. Even though I didn’t have LeafSpy the SOH would certainly have been better than 91.4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts