Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. have some kind of MPG read out, so you know roughly how to match your drivinpg to your charge?

running out of charge is probably one of the main things I worry about. that and pronouncing 'squirrels' :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
The Nissan Leaf has a great charge level indicator. While it does have 12 bars, it has the best numeric read-out next to the bars so you know exactly where you stand.

At the top, it says "1".

At the bottom, it says "0".

I kid you not. :confused:

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but how can you use this to adjust you driving style whilst driving? eg match style to current fuel/charge

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wont this be just like a fuel gauge and range in a regular car? They never seem really precise and can only go on past behaviour too. Is it somehow more complex in an electric car? How do range extended vehicles handle this one? So many questions!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
We need to encourage manufactures to provide alternative displays which include Instantaneous KwH/mile or Km and average KwH/Mile this charge. I would like that in the Ampera as another selectable choice to add to the lifetime MPG and MPG this charge as 250+ tells me nothing when I'm not needing to use petrol. Anyone know what Tesla offer?

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 2013 Leaf has an instant and average miles per kWh readout, very much like a MPG readout on an ICE car. I find it useful. Knowing that the leaf has a 24 kWh battery and I averaging say 4 miles per kWh gives me an idea of how I'm doing with range too.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,508 Posts
The 2013 Ampera has an instantaneous power consumption display that covers both the electric drive and the petrol engine (when running) in kw, very hard to keep the number low to extend the range. It also shows a negative figure which I presume means the regenerative braking although this does not always agree with the power flow display.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
Tesla has the most amazing set of read outs and graphs you can imagine. Very easy to tune your driving style to what you need to be using. The Roadster's are good but the Model S even better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts