Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm loving my new to me i3s. We've nicknamed it the Giant Panda as it is white and black.

The only problem we are having is that our lhasa apso will not stay in the boot (there's plenty of room) and insists on jumping into the back seat and ultimately front seat.

I've have seen the OEM BMW one but is now £175
Has anyone found a cheaper option? I've seen some for £20 on Amazon but not sure if they would be any use? I don't mind spend £50-£70 for something decent, I just don't want to waste time and money on something rubbish.

Any recommendations or experiences would be welcome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We bought the BMW one from a dealer on eBay (BMW part number 51472455971) and paid around £160. It's excellent and I'd happily get the same one again. Fits the car well, easy to install and remove, really robust. If you are planning to bring the dog with you more than a couple of times it's probably worth just getting the good one; it's a very cheap upgrade to the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We bought the BMW one from a dealer on eBay (BMW part number 51472455971) and paid around £160. It's excellent and I'd happily get the same one again. Fits the car well, easy to install and remove, really robust. If you are planning to bring the dog with you more than a couple of times it's probably worth just getting the good one; it's a very cheap upgrade to the car.
Thanks. I was afraid that might be the answer. I am wary of buying a cheap one and then having to spend the money to purchase an OEM one.

It's an expensive business this buying an EV. I am just waiting on quotes for having a Zappi installed and am bracing myself for that!

·
Registered
119 Posts
We use a dog sling that covers the back seats and goes half way up the front seats. Then a dog seat belt harness to keep her safe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's an expensive business this buying an EV. I am just waiting on quotes for having a Zappi installed and am bracing myself for that!
The first phase of ownership is definitely expensive! The car costs more, there is the charger, various cables, accessories, extra apps on your phone, worrying about electric bills... but once you get all of that sorted out it becomes MUCH easier and much less expensive. It's well worth it in the end. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I have given in for the time being and folded the seats flat. He still isn't content with having the whole of the rear of the car to himself, he now wants into the passenger seat - the folding armrest is handy for blocking that! I am also conscious that he really needs to be secured in case of an accident so we definitely need to sort out a solution. Perhaps a crate is an option but I am hoping to retain use of the boot when he isn't in the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts