Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Leaf 24 which is out of warranty. Looking at what UK Nissan garages charge to change a pollen filter and top off the screen wash, I don't fancy getting ripped off.

Do any other Leaf owners who are out of warranty use independent garages to do their services? How much are you paying?

Thanks.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
I just bought a used Leaf 24 which is out of warranty. Looking at what UK Nissan garages charge to change a pollen filter and top off the screen wash, I don't fancy getting ripped off.

Do any other Leaf owners who are out of warranty use independent garages to do their services? How much are you paying?

Thanks.
You can use any garage you want whether in or out of warranty.
However, a Nissan garage should give you a report on the battery condition if you don't have the Leafspy app.
Have you checkd the service book to see what needs doing. If the motor coolant is needed probably a Nissan garage would be best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can use any garage you want whether in or out of warranty.
However, a Nissan garage should give you a report on the battery condition if you don't have the Leafspy app.
Have you checkd the service book to see what needs doing. If the motor coolant is needed probably a Nissan garage would be best.
Luckily the car has just had a service from Nissan just before I bought it so I am good for nearly a year. Just planning ahead. The car only has 27000 miles so I hopefully don't need to change the motor coolant anytime soon. I have Leafspy and an OBD reader so am good on that front.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
Luckily the car has just had a service from Nissan just before I bought it so I am good for nearly a year. Just planning ahead. The car only has 27000 miles so I hopefully don't need to change the motor coolant anytime soon. I have Leafspy and an OBD reader so am good on that front.
Perhaps have the transmission oil changed, it's an easy job for a garage and only needs about 1.4L of ATF eg:

·
Registered
609 Posts
@SMLMcKenzie
Upton Garage in Poole charged me £60 for service, pollen filter and transmission oil.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe
47 Posts
Depending where you are in the country we are an electric service and repair centre in Newcastle upon Tyne called Westmoor MOT centre. Happy to help if you need advice 🙂

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 40kw Tekna moving to a MG5 LR
2 Posts
My last LEAF service was done by Cleevely Mobile. I chose them because a major service was cheaper than a Nissan dealer minor service and done on my drive.

They also did a lot more and gave me a Leafspy report too. What there videos on youtube: -

James is their roving service technician!

1st post :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts