Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Door contact switch warning pinged up yesterday on the dash along with handbrake hold not available.
All fine today.
Anyone else experienced this alert?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
VW's are pretty much the gold standard for random errors that appear, have no consequence and then disappear.

Example, for the last 2.5 years I have owned my GTE, I get a random error (once a month or every 2 months, approximately) warning me that "gearbox is not in P/N, visit the workshop", well, I was driving at 60 mph, so I'm not sure what the car expected me to be in...

Basically, this is just part of owning a VW - if the fault doesn't come back or have any serious consequences it's probably safe (and certainly cheapest) to ignore it.

That said if under warranty, get it looked at - the fault will be logged by the diagnostics computer even if it's not shown any more. But my gearbox fault would have cost £1,200 to fix, for no real fault but the random warning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:

Visited my local VW dealer today to shed some light on this issue.
Apparently the Golf likes to see a sequence of events happen once the car stops, something like - Stop car/Turn off/Remove key/Exit from car/Shut door.
If this sequence isn’t adhered to ‘so many’ times within a certain number of times of stopping then this Door Contact Switch Error pops up.
The mechanic didn’t know that I run my wife to work & often stop the car but don’t remove the key or open my door while I’m waiting for her while she does her rounds as a carer so maybe this IS the issue.
Hope this helps if anyone has a similar error message in the future.
Rectangle Wood Table Electronic instrument Font

1 - 3 of 3 Posts