Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Coming soon to a cinema near you, ‘The Struggle’ - An epic story of one mans fight to buy two EVs, in cash…

I look forward to it coming out! 😉🤣
They already have a sequel planned as well. One man’s quest to get rear speakers into a Family spec ID.3. I’m in discussions with their script development team…

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,596 Posts
They already have a sequel planned as well. One man’s quest to get rear speakers into a Family spec ID.3. I’m in discussions with their script development team…
Is that the one where the doctor diagnoses him with 'short bonnet syndrome' and has to go through months of counselling?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,328 Posts
I seemed to have missed the thread for the last few pages, can someone summarise?

Is it a car rejection yet?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I seemed to have missed the thread for the last few pages, can someone summarise?

Is it a car rejection yet?
VW replaced FOC with an Audi E-tron coupe that has titanium check straps to avoid ^rust gate" class action being brought, not happy, it only does 2 miles per kWh, increasing running costs by a penny a mile. 😡

·
Registered
VW ID3 Life Pro Performance
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
You have to laugh at anyone who thinks and sort of rust spots anywhere on a 6 day old car (to the customer) is acceptable, regardless of the brand. It raises questions as to the processes in place when fitting the parts and how they are protected, stored or even fitted, and I am pretty sure VW would want to know this. As someone who has worked in QA for mission critical systems, if someone failed to point this out I'd be more than disappointed, as I am sure the QA dept. at VW would be.
Thanks all particularly a few supporters and some not. Check straps replaced FOC and @EVJourney you are spot on my local VW dealer were more than happy to point this out to them, they had another ID3 they had for sale same issue, so fed back to VW whom sent the new items for replacement.

I’d post photo’s but just pour some water over the original pics and hey presto it’s gone. 😀🤣😂

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks all particularly a few supporters and some not. Check straps replaced FOC and @EVJourney you are spot on my local VW dealer were more than happy to point this out to them, they had another ID3 they had for sale same issue, so fed back to VW whom sent the new items for replacement.

I’d post photo’s but just pour some water over the original pics and hey presto it’s gone. 😀🤣😂
Really don't see the point in replacing them when the new ones will go the same way if they don't have some kind of post fitment coating e.g. something oil/wax based. Let us know whether they got a dab of WD40 or similar, and if not, please advise how many days your first cosmetic rust spot takes to develop.

Does the fact that the dealership's other in stock car has it (along with anyone here who responded to the thread) not tell you that it's perfectly normal and the part isn't actually considered defective?

I.personally could not be bothered to go to the dealership for this "fix" when I could just give the offending part a wipe and a quick squurt of WD40 every 3 months and be done in a minute. You must really like the Flavia coffee machine and those complementary Biscoff biscuits.

If it was your supplying dealer that did this work,I doubt they'll even put a claim in to VW as it would almost certainly be rejected, they'll have done it to maintain a relationship with an extremely fussy customer.

If you ever pop the end caps off the dash to wire a dashcam into the fuse box, you'll be appalled at the scruffy welds on the steel dash sub frame- those cowboys at Zwickau didn't tidy them up with an angle grinder and a dab of silver paint before they totally enclosed the frame with the dash! :LOL:

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,328 Posts
I'd like to see some photos of the new bolt/strap, I want to see if photo analysis will reveal if they changed them or took 30 seconds to just wipe them off.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,596 Posts
I'd like to see some photos of the new bolt/strap, I want to see if photo analysis will reveal if they changed them or took 30 seconds to just wipe them off.
The OP didn't have the presence of mind to put a bit of nail polish on each part beforehand?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The OP didn't have the presence of mind to put a bit of nail polish on each part beforehand?
I worked with a chap around 40 years ago who was convinced his garage was charging him for parts they weren't replacing when it was serviced, so heard about this trick and duly painted blobs of nail varnish on the plugs, filters etc before it went in to the garage. When he went to collect the car the foreman gave him the bill, and itemised on the bottom of it, free of charge, was a line that said something like "re-painting nail varnish on plugs , filters, etc".

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,596 Posts
I worked with a chap around 40 years ago who was convinced his garage was charging him for parts they weren't replacing when it was serviced, so heard about this trick and duly painted blobs of nail varnish on the plugs, filters etc before it went in to the garage. When he went to collect the car the foreman gave him the bill, and itemised on the bottom of it, free of charge, was a line that said something like "re-painting nail varnish on plugs , filters, etc".
In the US a number of dealers write the date and sign filters and other consumables. Which is a nice touch.

I've started doing it on my own vehicles as I don't trust the sticker they put on the windscreen.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts