Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more a curiosity question then an issue with the Ampera/Volt. Here in the USA we have the two door mirrors as well as the one on the windscreen. The right hand door and the windscreen mirror are optically standard. The passenger side mirror is convex to give a wider view. As our drivers side is on the left in the USA and yours, in the UK, the right side I assume you have the passenger side of the car with the convex mirror. Do any of you have the Vauxhall part number for the passenger side mirror and perhaps the price?

Next question. While in Ireland on holiday I rented a VW Golf and noticed the Golf :?: door mirrors were about like ours for 2/3 of the width but the last 1/3 was curved to show a wider view. If this description makes sense are your Ampera mirrors like this 2/3-1/3? Does anyone know if the Continental Amperas have this type of mirror?

Thanks Ross

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Our passenger-side(left) mirrors are totally flat, our drivers-side(right) mirrors have a convex end (outermost 2 inches) to them. In the UK it is normal to have some convexing on the drivers mirror, many mirror this to the passenger side also, I have been disappointed GM did not convex both. I too would like to get a convex style left hand side mirror...

I assume a European LHD Ampera would have a convexed drivers side, So maybe try for a Euro LHD part, if you find one let us know!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Parax,

I'm not close to anyone inside at GM so my ability to get answers is limited.
That being said, I believe the Vauxhall Ampera cars as well as the European bound Ampera cars are 99% finished when they drive off the boat so it must mean the mirrors you have are installed here in the USA but I've been unable to get any Vauxhall or Ampera part numbers through my Chevrolet dealership.

Would you be interested in trading or at least comparing prices for Volt/Ampera door mirrors?

Would it be possible to post a picture of your door mirror(s) or perhaps the numbers?

Thanks

Ross

1 - 3 of 3 Posts