Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just have had a call from my dealer wanting the car in for a wiring harness replacement.
just wondered if it's just me or if others are also being recalled.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yes, depending upon when you picked up your car there have been a number of fixes that you may need. The wiring harness and HV fuse is probably a recall, but it is worth getting the BMS update (free) and perhaps the Comfort 2 update (may be chargeable depending upon your dealer) at the same time.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
709 Posts
Hi
I just have had a call from my dealer wanting the car in for a wiring harness replacement.
just wondered if it's just me or if others are also being recalled.
Mine needed it you are not alone. Mine was brou over in January I believe.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
My car arrived at the dealership about 2 weeks before Xmas 2019.
I delayed collection until the 6th of January 2020.
Therefore I suspect my car will also need the wiring loom change, plus re-routing process.
I am lead to understand it due to water ingress into the loom from the driver doors, but somebody maybe able to confirm / deny this story.
I have not received any contact from the supplying dealer as of yet.
Not really surprised by this though, as I am still awaiting a follow up call I was promised after a few days of ownership.
This was almost 11 months ago !.
So much for the after sales customer service, failed at the first hurdle.
The car is due it's first service before Xmas, so I need to have a meaningful conversation with my now local dealer.
Let's see if that falls flat on it's arse as well.
I just don't get it ?.
Dealers have not grasped the idea STILL, that customers are only very likely to return ( or not ) to buy another car from them, IF they feel that they have been looked after or NOT on their previous car.
This is true with regards to most things in life.
The only thing we don't have to worry about is poor customer service, it comes as standard these days I am afraid to say.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,142 Posts
I’ve had the wiring harness changed under warranty. Plus all the updates apart from the latest one for heating the battery as that only became available in the last day or so.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
the latest one for heating the battery as that only became available in the last day or so.
Is that now confirmed and available in the UK market then Mike? If so, and it does what we hope it does it will certainly be worth having. A lot of cars are nearing their first birthday so I expect will get this update as part of the first service. It will be interesting to see what difference it makes to rapid charge speeds .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts