Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title. NIssan have delivered 300 NV200 (Leaf running gear) electric vans to their city fleets. Good news, particularly if it gets my parcels to me quicker, although it isn't likely they'll be used to deliver in rural areas such as mine.......

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,599 Posts
DPD use a few of them around Cornwall in both town and village deliveries, spoke to a driver and they are liked by other drivers when he goes to the depot apparently. 40kw would appear to be sufficient for rural use.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would seem so, certainly in some areas. Both VW and Merc have recently released details of their respective upcoming larger delivery vans ( Crafter and Sprinter), and I did note that they seem to consider - probably quite rightly - that a 100 mile-ish range would be more than sufficient for more densely packed stop/start urban deliveries. A little while back I did see one of those LDV commercial EV jobs delivering stuff to a small engineering works in my nearest town. It was plastered with huge 100% EV stickers, so I assume it must have been a demo vehicle on trial........

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just seen a DPD NV delivering in Norfolk, just outside Norwich. Looked really smart with zero emissions very prominent in the green colour scheme.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've seen an electric DPD delivery lorry doing the east of London a couple of years ago. They must think it is paying off for them.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Don't forget cargobikes too.
DPD, UPS and DHL are all looking to make last mile deliveries using e-bikes, far cheaper than running electric vans.
I've had a delivery from one of those. It actually came down the narrow lane to my house which is just wide enough for my car, but where a van would fear to tread. Unless you are one of the several idiot Amazon drivers that I've had, who then take half an hour to turn to get out again.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Today, DPD are delivering an extra battery for my Kärcher hedge trimmer, as part of a special promotion. In keeping with the theme they are delivering it using one of their electric vehicles :)

(I'm guessing it will be their little buggy as in my photo in the the previous post.)

Incidentally, the batteries cost £70, so a gift worth having!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Only downside to this is that some DPD locations are hogging free to use chargers, been complaints on twitter recently.
They should have multiple charge points at their depots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts