Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove passed a garage offering DPF cleans for improved reliability and efficiency for only £79!

I was a bit sceptical at first but he seemed an honest bloke and set the leaf up on the DPF machine.

Sure enough my average energy economy has risen to its highest since owning the car. Usually avg 4.4 but now it’s sitting 5.1

Anyone else had their cars done? Seems worthwhile for £79

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Sure enough my average energy economy has risen to its highest since owning the car. Usually avg 4.4 but now it’s sitting 5.1

Anyone else had their cars done? Seems worthwhile for £79
So you've gone from 227W/mi to 196W/mi, so saving 31W/mi overall. If you charge overnight on a 5p/kWh tariff, you're saving 0.155p per mile, so will break even in 50968 miles. Sounds good. Might let the neighbours know about this, I suspect their boy's car could do with a little efficiency boost too, he never seems to get far without needing to stop for a refuel.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
So you've gone from 227W/mi to 196W/mi, so saving 31W/mi overall. If you charge overnight on a 5p/kWh tariff, you're saving 0.155p per mile, so will break even in 50968 miles. Sounds good. Might let the neighbours know about this, I suspect their boy's car could do with a little efficiency boost too, he never seems to get far without needing to stop for a refuel.
Especially since the Leaf doesn't have a dpf.;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Have you tried switching your energy supply too, since we switched to Octopus Go Faster my car definitely feels quicker off the line. Apparently by charging off peak they can give you a higher octane of leccy to clear the surplus in the grid, hence the name Go Faster

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55
1,186 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.