Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove passed a garage offering DPF cleans for improved reliability and efficiency for only £79!

I was a bit sceptical at first but he seemed an honest bloke and set the leaf up on the DPF machine.

Sure enough my average energy economy has risen to its highest since owning the car. Usually avg 4.4 but now it’s sitting 5.1

Anyone else had their cars done? Seems worthwhile for £79

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,507 Posts
I poured some battery additive into my Leaf's Li-on battery and now the SOH is 100% and cell balance 1mv.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Did you get the headlight fluid topped up at the same time?

It’s cheaper as they have the car on the ramp already.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,507 Posts
Did you get the headlight fluid topped up at the same time?

It’s cheaper as they have the car on the ramp already.
Forgot that but did have the in car urinal emptied free of charge. (the contents provide the Urea for Ad-Blue.)

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Sure enough my average energy economy has risen to its highest since owning the car. Usually avg 4.4 but now it’s sitting 5.1

Anyone else had their cars done? Seems worthwhile for £79
So you've gone from 227W/mi to 196W/mi, so saving 31W/mi overall. If you charge overnight on a 5p/kWh tariff, you're saving 0.155p per mile, so will break even in 50968 miles. Sounds good. Might let the neighbours know about this, I suspect their boy's car could do with a little efficiency boost too, he never seems to get far without needing to stop for a refuel.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,507 Posts
So you've gone from 227W/mi to 196W/mi, so saving 31W/mi overall. If you charge overnight on a 5p/kWh tariff, you're saving 0.155p per mile, so will break even in 50968 miles. Sounds good. Might let the neighbours know about this, I suspect their boy's car could do with a little efficiency boost too, he never seems to get far without needing to stop for a refuel.
Especially since the Leaf doesn't have a dpf.;)

·
Registered
747 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts