Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Obviously going to take it to the garage in the morning, has anyone had this error and what did it need?

It’s running on reduced power. Turning it off for a while doesn’t clear it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this error, or similar, 4 times in the first 700 miles of usage, including failure of the car to go into drive or reverse. On the first workshop visit they just tried reloading the 2.1 software, but the failure subsequently recurred. On the second visit, after consultation with VW, they replaced the unit behind the steering wheel (the display, the D/R selector switch and the control stalks). Since then I've covered about another 1000 miles and the problem hasn't recurred, so I'm starting to feel hopeful that it has been fixed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So my local vw garage doesn’t have slots until the end of august and suggested I call out vw assist or limp to Gloucester

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,571 Posts
I'd call out whichever one will provide a loan car as you should be able to get around in the mean time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The id assist guy was great, sending someone out within the hour. Top marks for them so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VW Assist will probably try to fix it by disconnecting/reconnecting the 12 volt battery. If they cannot fix it then they should be prepared to take it to a dealership of your choice, but even if they fix it you should book it in as the issue is likely to recur. You should definitely ask for a loan car as it may need to be in the workshop for some time - mine was in for about two and a half weeks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So surprise surprise the car sorted itself out overnight and the error disappeared. The aa guy booked me in anyway and I’m dropping it off this afternoon, at the same garage that said they couldn’t see me until end of August’s. Some debate around courtesy car, I may need to get it through my lease car company?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts