Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts

View attachment 137803

Just trying to reconcile the figures given for the e-208. It has a 45kWh battery (usable) so at 4.2mpkWh it should have done 189 miles. It was a hot day so they were using air conditioning. Would that account for the difference of 28 miles?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
The averages were calculated with a city section as well. Not straight motorway. I assume that would make some of the difference.

·
Registered
734 Posts
208 is terrible still! I thought on my test drive it was thirsty, I would have thought that they might fix it with an update, but no

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Just trying to reconcile the figures given for the e-208. It has a 45kWh battery (usable) so at 4.2mpkWh it should have done 189 miles. It was a hot day so they were using air conditioning. Would that account for the difference of 28 miles?
Yes. The dash consumption usually doesn't include HVAC or accessories.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Ahh the Honda E... I want to love it but it needs twice the range and half the price 😆

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
208 is terrible still! I thought on my test drive it was thirsty, I would have thought that they might fix it with an update, but no
I doubt very much that any form of software update could ever improve aero or mechanical inefficiencies, also bear in mind its not a ground up EV.
The real question is how Honda a company once known for engineering excellence could put so much emphasis on form and so little on efficiency and (other than turning circle) function.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
241 Posts
Im sure if they used the last 40 minutes driving all the cars up and down a road at 20mph you could have added a good bit of range to any of them. They only seemed to do that with the zoe though.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
Im sure if they used the last 40 minutes driving all the cars up and down a road at 20mph you could have added a good bit of range to any of them. They only seemed to do that with the zoe though.
They did that with all of them. The mini did about another 20 miles at least from when it left the main road.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I doubt very much that any form of software update could ever improve aero or mechanical inefficiencies, also bear in mind its not a ground up EV.
The real question is how Honda a company once known for engineering excellence could put so much emphasis on form and so little on efficiency and (other than turning circle) function.
Tesla improve range and efficiency all the time through updates

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
They change throttle mapping settings occasionally and finish unfinished code and add new toys for infotainment but how much have they actually increased efficiency by exactly?

·
Registered
VW e-Up! 2020
106 Posts
The Peugeot is supposedly more efficient than the e-Up! and also has a much bigger battery, but still did 1 mile less!?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
5 Popular EVs? Or 6 but I guess they couldn't be assed to test the Corsa? As for popular, how is that metric measured? Do they all have to be superminis? Seems so.... does that rule out anything other than supermini as popular in this test?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts
Reactions: Sandy

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
It's a useful range test. Head to head at similar speeds in the same temperature. But I can't see how much was done for each car at motorway speeds vs slower speeds. I can't see myself getting 229 out of the Zoe on the motorway!

What matters to me is 'realistic motorway range in summer/ winter'. And actually, what matters even more is 'realistic motorway range in summer/ winter, with a single 20 minute stop' (ie a car that can charge at 125kw wins here).

Reactions: Sandy
1 - 20 of 39 Posts