Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On 18th Jan I received an email from VW about a system update they were performing on 20th Jan. The warned that you'd have to log into driver profiles again after the update which I did. However, since then I've dirven the car 3 or 4 times and every time the car has defaulted to loading the 'guest' profile rather than the 'primary' account. I didn't actually get asked to enter the S-PIN or password, it just loaded my account and asked me whether I wanted to apply settings.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Here's the email I received:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi all,

On 18th Jan I received an email from VW about a system update they were performing on 20th Jan. The warned that you'd have to log into driver profiles again after the update which I did. However, since then I've dirven the car 3 or 4 times and every time the car has defaulted to loading the 'guest' profile rather than the 'primary' account. I didn't actually get asked to enter the S-PIN or password, it just loaded my account and asked me whether I wanted to apply settings.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Here's the email I received:

View attachment 140085
This is typical of the sloppy and useless support work by VW. I spent the best part of 2018 trying to get them to fix the problems with their apps and my Passat GTE.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi. I never received the e-mail...... Nothing has changed my end, but I only have me as the only user profile in the car. I wonder if that makes any difference ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
On 18th Jan I received an email from VW about a system update they were performing on 20th Jan. The warned that you'd have to log into driver profiles again after the update which I did. However, since then I've driven the car 3 or 4 times and every time the car has defaulted to loading the 'guest' profile rather than the 'primary' account.
Just the same as I found Bluetooth lost

I am probably one stage further than yourself, but always get this screen prompt for which I click "OK" at which point I immediately get notification upon phone that all services have been de-activated and it reverts to "Guest user"

If you go into Settings > Users (?) tap "Gear wheels" at bottom right of screen, should have option to change "Primary user" elicits screen to input "Email address" and "Password". I then get option to apply my profile and in my case adjusts privacy settings and services.

I might add that upon January 20th was given option to re-input S-pin and mark save (which still don't know whether might be causing my issues) and it would rather I log in S-pin each time.
Presumably you have the "Man with hat" maximum privacy setting (as Guest user) next to "White globe" icon?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the same problem. I had to delete my user profile . I then set my self up again using my we connect login. The system then asked me for the s pin but remember to tick the remember s pin option
The seems to have fixed my problems which were the same as above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie Steve says: Hi! Thanks everybody for the postings, I thought I was alone! Checked back, got the Update email so I’m blaming that for services deactivating 21st Jan. But services were again deactivated today, 27th Jan, was there another update yesterday?, AND around 26th November? My services were deactivated then as well :-( Anybody know a VW webpage showing update dates? Isn’t this a complete FAFF?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weirdly I haven't taken any further action but the last 2 days mine has loaded the primary profile fine. I'll see what happens over the coming days

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like I've got similar issue. I got the email back in January 21. I also had an software update last week and since that I have to change user everytime, and my WeConnect has stopped connecting. It says disabled in the infotainment system.

Tried above but didn't work.

Will have to reset car to factory and uninstall app as a next step, unless there are any other suggestions?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just to elaborate on this my unit is stuck loading the user profile for the 100th time. Its been back to the dealer six times for this issue. Honestly I have given up and switched it off.
The dealers are useless . VW are useless . This is my second GTE and both have been absolutely shockingly unreliable. My own fault I shouldn't have had the second one.
Its been suggested by the dealer that the infotainment units are just too complicated and they don't know what to do with them. At which point I just laughed at them

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm very skeptical about the updates now, car appears to be working fine and I had no issues with infotainment so put off the update. I.e. if it isn't broken, then don't fix it.

But I was bored waiting in the car and the software update appeared so clicked update. That evening was when I realised I did not have access via We Connect android app. Can't confirm in its directly linked or not but very coincidental.

Not had chance to do factory reset yet, but I'm afraid I will make things worse.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Did everyone get an update or was it just certain cars/infotainment systems? No update for my car and everything seems to be working fine (touch wood...), 70 plate GTE with the basic "Discover Media", not the "Pro"...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts