Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I went to look at a nissan leaf 24kw 2015 for a friend. Everything was ok apart from the drivers door had dropped a little causing it to catch the lock a little when shutting the door. Anyone had this issue before ? And what are the possible fixes for it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd take it to a local smash repair place for an expert opinion. They will be able to tell you if it's been in an accident, or if it's just dropped over time. Either way it will be a cheaper option than to possibly buy a car that has not been properly repaired and is out of alignment, and if it's just a dropped door they could fix it in a few minutes.
Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did wonder if it had been in a smash.
But I noticed that the driveway it sits on was sloping and thought maybe the gravity of opening the door may have took it out of alignment over time if that makes sense. It's a private sale and apart from the door issue everything else is spot on.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could take a really good look at the tyre wear. One edge worn badly compared with the rest of the tyre can indicate vehicle alignment problems, not just tracking issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I looked at that and it's got 4 new tyres fitted. Milage 35000 which I reckon is about right for fresh tyres on a 64 plate.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could take a really good look at the tyre wear. One edge worn badly compared with the rest of the tyre can indicate vehicle alignment problems, not just tracking issues.
Just thought I'd let you know the seller pulled the car from selling it.
Messaged me to say they had water ingress in the headlining from the heavy rain today.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just thought I'd let you know the seller pulled the car from selling it.
Messaged me to say they had water ingress in the headlining from the heavy rain today.
You are well out of that one then-it must have had a bad shunt. Lucky escape for you.
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts