Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I started having issues with the driver's window a few months back. It would dl go down fine but no auto up. Then it rectified after a while.

Then it conked out again but worse, both up and down would only move about an inch at a time. No auto, you'd have to hold, release, hold, release etc about 15 times each way.

Took it to a mechanic (not a BMW garage but a former long term BMW mechanic) and he changed the motor. First off, this was the issue inside the motor...
Hand Watch Fluid Finger Solution

Water inside the mechanism. Now first off how the hell does that happen? It should be a sealed unit surely?

Secondly, now the motor has been changed I have a new set of issues.

Down works
Up works
Auto down works
Auto up DOESN'T work

Holding the lock or unlock button normally drops or raises both windows fully. However now it still works on the passengers side, but not on the drivers.

Finally, the little half inch drop that happens automatically when opening the door, no longer works on the drivers side.

Any suggestions or solutions?

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
120 Posts
I agree the motor should be a sealed unit, but the door skins or rubber seal has allowed water to penetrate.

Back to the issue. Ideally you need to scan the car with ISTA+. I'm just wondering since the motor was replaced do the windows need to be put in learn mode, a bit like a sunroof?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts