Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car lit up like a Christmas tree this morning as I went onto the A1.... It refused to move under petrol or electric power.... It was recovered to Audi and have heard nothing yet !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sept 2016 production. I has been at Audi MK since it broke and they had to push it into the service area. I would be surprised if it was the 12v failing car started and drove fine for a couple of miles the battery charging errors came after waiting for the car to be recovered all the aux systems worked fine.

Disappointingly they gave me a A3 30 TDI as a courtesy car....

·
Registered
45 Posts
(so bizarrely I seem to have 2 accounts here )

I picked up my car late on Thur night after its failure last week. The diagnosis was bit vague unfortunately . They apparently updated the software of the J840 Battery regulation Control module There is also mention of updating the control module 8c but I am not sure what this refers too (They ran SVM 8CA002)? There was also mention of the rerouting of the HV cables TPI 2047003.

There was no real explanation to what actually happened tough they did say there was no problems with the 12v system...

Car seems to be driving as it did I have given it a good hack and it seems fine.

*Most interesting discovery is how to start the car on only the petrol engine . You have to hold both the brake and accelerator to the floor wait 10secs and then press the start button . The other way to do this is too start the car with the bonnet open, apparently this is a safety measure as the high voltage system is isolated if the bonnet is open ! *

I am quite frustrated as the car was only at the dealers a month ago to have the battery checked and they did not do this software update it seems there is no incentive for them to do preventative maintenance which would of potentially of stopped me of being stranded by the side of the motorway for 2 Hrs.... and having to drive a A3 30TDi for a week =(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts